Like Tree1Likes

How do I get UK TV in HK ?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I use overplay - www.overplay.net

I've been using it for about a year or 2? now and its taken me thru 2 series of the apprentice - dragons den - all temporarily downloaded..

one thing! you MUST start overplay before trying to open iplayer - cos if it finds out you in HK it has a tantrum and you might not be able to get it working for a while..

I also use it for streaming Tv-Links : Free Movies links, Watch Tv Shows links online, Anime, Documentaries - some streams arent available to ppl outside the US...

you may have to faff a bit with tvlinks to get the right connection..

but I just watched the 8th season of the Office US - which I think is even better than the UK version! ( rare I will say that!! )

and idiot abroad season 1 2 ( laughed my a## of at Karl Pilkington - he's basically the spitting image of my baby brother

thank the gods for streaming vid - means I have cancelled that POS nowTV!

Last edited by audiot; 03-12-2011 at 11:29 AM.
    mejulie9 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by KateInHongKong:
    audiot, can you please give some info on where/how you get VPN?

Thanks.
    How technically capable are you?

I use the Witopea VPN. Works like a dream. I mainly watch UK TV but it gives you the option to route through almost any country in the world.

Think its US$60 per year, or it was when I signed up.

I've been using it for 6 months without any issue at all. Great for watching live sport on the BBC watch live websites!

PM me if you need more info. Took me less than 10 mins to get it set up.

Last edited by gmi; 03-12-2011 at 12:29 PM.

A little more info would be useful. Are you asking for help/advice, just commenting, or what?
    It's a link to a previous thread which covers all of this in detail as these are questions which have been asked (and answered) before. Click on my comment i.e the thread title and it takes you to the thread...you can tell it's a link because it's a different colour. Same for limepickle's The Box torrents post.

I use Overplay as well http://overplay.net/r.php?i=4284621788 I strongly recommend it and it's quite easy if you are not that computer savvy.

Generally it's rough to stream. You'll have days in which you watch a two hour movie without delay / interruption and then days in which you can't go two minutes without some breakup. Download and playback, via things like the iPlayer Desktop are quite nice for that.

There's another good site to use where you can stream or download most of UK and US TV shows. They also have a movie section to.

Project Free TV - Watch all your favorite tv shows and movies online free

Also this site which i have stumbled upon recently is ok to.

http://www.solarmovie.eu/

Quote Originally Posted by pin:
    How technically capable are you?
    I am adequately tech capable and/or know people who are. I'm very interested in work-arounds, back doors or any advice on how to get my Brit fix!

Thanks for any advice.

A little more info would be useful. Are you asking for help/advice, just commenting, or what?
    Quote Originally Posted by bibbju:
    It's a link to a previous thread which covers all of this in detail as these are questions which have been asked (and answered) before. Click on my comment i.e the thread title and it takes you to the thread...you can tell it's a link because it's a different colour. Same for limepickle's The Box torrents post.
    Doh! Of course, I see it now. Thanks for the info.

Phew !!!!!! It looks like I have a few options then. Thank you everyone for all your help. I'll give them a go when we land next week.

If anyone wants info/help with thebox.bz, send me a PM and I'll be happy to help.