Like Tree17Likes

PS3 scam

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Yes the guy who sold it is (possibly) a bit of an idiot - Either that or OP can't work out how to plug in a PS3 - but I'm not sure why anyone needs to bring his race/ nationality into it.

Skyhook, you're on fire lately with your ridiculous (and often hypocritical) comments.

mercury_element likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by justjoe86:
    Skyhook, you're on fire lately with your ridiculous (and often hypocritical) comments.
    We are ignoring them actually...

Original Post Deleted
    Kind of funny to voice these views on an internet forum especially for immigrants.

There's a few on here selling computers. Different names but always uses the same language, "selling my blah blah", "unwanted gift", or I have two, whatever. obviously a trader.

Original Post Deleted
    I remember a while back someone here figured it was his wife posting under his handle, or were those usually only pro-Commie type posts.

If not, then Skyhook appears to have some sort of multiple personality issue, as most of the time he posts as if he's high on the peace pipe, posting kumbaya-esque music videos of 80s Aussie artists that no one's ever heard of, nearly all of them decrying some war or misdeed happening around the world.
    jayinhongkong likes this.

Anyone know where I can take the console to get it repaired? Preferably somewhere that can reball for a longer lasting fix.

Quote Originally Posted by New2hkg:
    Anyone know where I can take the console to get it repaired? Preferably somewhere that can reball for a longer lasting fix.
    Um, maybe 188 Wanchai?

Which store? Im on the 3rd floor and everyone I've asked says they do not do repairs?

It sounds like you're going to have to have Sony take care of it...

Quote Originally Posted by New2hkg:
    Just bought a PS3 (fat 40gb) to find out that it does not boot up!

The seller (asiaxpat classifieds) advertised it as 100% working.

What can I do?
    One should never buy any 2nd hand item without testing it fully.

Following action should be taken so that other people can be aware
    1. post the guy’s user name/details he/she is using in expat site and detail about the fraud incident happened so that other be aware from this guy .. yeah, I know he may come again with new id, but at least other people be aware if he/she is publishing any other item to sell at the same time.
    2. inform to group-owner/site owner to take appropriate action (may be to block or track his/her IP)
    3. If the item is really costly, take a print of that published offer from the site , attached bill and other document (warranty, product docs, courier recipt etc ) and inform to cops. Well, cops cant do much in this case if seller say it was all good before, so always get it tested fully before payment.