Like Tree3Likes

COPS Hong Kong Special Edition

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

COPS Hong Kong Special Edition

Hi all.

The US TV series COPS once did a special Hong Kong episode.

I was wondering whether anyone had any idea where I might be able to buy it or download it? I've been really struggling so far.

All suggestions welcome.

Many thanks.

dear giant and copsTvFan like this.

I watched that special edition again not too long ago, if you were referring to the one that was shot on location before the 1997 "handover" - over 14 years ago. If my memory is correct, it was shown on channel 2 in the San Francisco Bay Area. You may contact the TV station to see if it can provide you with a copy.

The address is: KTVU (Channel 2), 2 Jack London Square, Oakland, CA 94607 or to obtain its email address at the website by using the "search".

dear giant likes this.

Thanks very much mate. I appreciate that. My father was in it and I'd love to burn a DVD of it for his birthday, so again, many thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Gweilo86:
    Thanks very much mate. I appreciate that. My father was in it and I'd love to burn a DVD of it for his birthday, so again, many thanks.

Your father wasn't the gweilo police inspector in that episode, was he?

He was one of a few working in the Anti Smuggling Task Force (guys on boats chasing bad guys)

Quote Originally Posted by Gweilo86:
    He was one of a few working in the Anti Smuggling Task Force (guys on boats chasing bad guys)

Good for him. I assume he is now retired?

I wish you all the luck in finding/locating the DVD which due to its age, may have some degree of difficulty.

Yeah, left the police in 1999 I think...

Has anyone been able to find this episode? I am also interested.

Quote Originally Posted by copsTvFan:
    Has anyone been able to find this episode? I am also interested.
    Season 6, Episode 40 or possibly 39 (two online sources say ep. 40, one says ep. 39)

PlutoTV streams seasons 13-16 and 26-30. Don't see where season 6 streams for free.

Quote Originally Posted by huja:
    Season 6, Episode 40 or possibly 39 (two online sources say ep. 40, one says ep. 39)

PlutoTV streams seasons 13-16 and 26-30. Don't see where season 6 streams for free.
    Thanks for the info. I've already gone through Pluto, Reelz, Amazon, torrents, and other sources, and it's definitely not available there. You can read more about my episode search here: https://gitlab.com/-/snippets/2030759

The only way to watch this episode is to get someone who has recorded it to share it with us.

I have also emailed KTVU, as suggested above.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast