Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Skyhook

Closed Thread

I was looking for a DVD player and found that few Blu-ray players are with media streaming facility as well.

In the beginner's category, I found couple of interesting model
    Sony BDP-S380 - HKD 828
    LG BD570 - HKD 998 (only 1 seller) and then HKD 1400

I decided to go for Sony BDP-S380. Does anyone have any experience using it specially for media streaming in HOng KOng ?

please also let me know if anyone using Blu-ray + Media streaming player here ...

I run a PS3 slim and that exact LG BD570 player which I've had since new.

In the case of the LG wireless media server, you install the supplied LG disc that has Nero MediaHome4 on it, set up a folder with all of your media content, a 1 TB drive in my case that is accessed via my Dell Xtreme Performance lappy, via our existing wireless LAN.

Works a treat, all of my music and movie files can be streamed from my home office via the lappy to the LG player in our lounge, without ant cables. Love it !

If you have any other questions please feel free to ask...

Joseph098765 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhook:
    I run a PS3 slim and that exact LG BD570 player which I've had since new.

In the case of the LG wireless media server, you install the supplied LG disc that has Nero MediaHome4 on it, set up a folder with all of your media content, a 1 TB drive in my case that is accessed via my Dell Xtreme Performance lappy, via our existing wireless LAN.

Works a treat, all of my music and movie files can be streamed from my home office via the lappy to the LG player in our lounge, without ant cables. Love it !

If you have any other questions please feel free to ask...
    Quite useful, thanks.