Like Tree2Likes

New X360/PS3 Console Rumor Thread

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

New X360/PS3 Console Rumor Thread

I figured that its time to start a thread so we can have all the info on the soon to be announced next gen consoles in one thread.

Xbox 720 Will Be Six Times as Powerful as Current Gen
    Xbox 720 Will Be Six Times as Powerful as Current Gen - IGN

Next Xbox contains Blu-ray, anti-used system
    Rumor: Next Xbox conatins Blu-ray, anti-used system | VG247

Microsoft Points to be scrapped by end of 2012
    Rumour: Microsoft Points to be scrapped by end of 2012 | VG247

The xbox is the only thing microsoft got right since Windows XP.

I only got my Xbox about 18 months ago and kinect about 6 months. The kinec has bugs and not very responsive but for the family it is alot of fun.

I am glad they are scaping Microsoft points its shit. I have two accounts and a few points in each which means I can't buy games for both accounts.

I bet it will be out around Nov in time for Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by virago:
    The xbox is the only thing microsoft got right since Windows XP.

I only got my Xbox about 18 months ago and kinect about 6 months. The kinec has bugs and not very responsive but for the family it is alot of fun.

I am glad they are scaping Microsoft points its shit. I have two accounts and a few points in each which means I can't buy games for both accounts.

I bet it will be out around Nov in time for Christmas.
    I was one of the first 50 people to sign up in '01 and the console has gone a long way since then. I'm not too keen on Kinect or Move except for video chat.

Anything you Download on an account can be enjoyed by all accounts on your console except if the content is profile locked like Call Of Duty DLC & avatar items.
    You can also call MS support and have them issue you a token for unused points which you can reuse in another account. I know they do this in the US & EU.
    I think they are scrapping points for cash which is what PSN has and is much more convenient.

I too have a feeling that MS will launch the new console in time for Halo4 this year end.

I accidently setup my account as an Australian account with a birthday in 2000 effectively blocking my account from playing games with 15 yo restrictions. mircooft said there is nothing I can do so i had to start again and resister a new account.

I will look into the points transfer.

Edit I don't think I will go for Halo 4 wasn't really impressed with 3. Prefer the BF3 type shootems.

Last edited by virago; 26-01-2012 at 10:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by virago:
    I accidently setup my account as an Australian account with a birthday in 2000 effectively blocking my account from playing games with 15 yo restrictions. mircooft said there is nothing I can do so i had to start again and resister a new account.

I will look into the points transfer.

Edit I don't think I will go for Halo 4 wasn't really impressed with 3. Prefer the BF3 type shootems.

If its a new account its probably easier to start over. Also if its an Aussie (out of region) account they probably can't issue point tokens so its best to use them on some DLC. They can only issue tokens if both accounts are from the same region.

I didn't care much for the H3 MP but did like the campaign. I played Halo CE Anniv over the Christmas break and that was one of the best remakes ever. These 343 guys did an amazing job on it which is why I am looking forward to H4.

I have 3200 microsoft points and also 3 months membership for sale. The buyer must have a Hong Kong Xboxlive account.

The reason I am selling is because I have an account from England, so was unable to use the points!! Also, the 3 months membership for xboxlive was included when I brought my new xbox last month in Hong Kong.

I will sell both together for 300 HK dollar. As I am based in China, codes will be sent by email.

I know this probably shouldn't have been posted here.

PM me if interested

Romeolo888

Hopefully the PS4 will be more impressive than the PS3 was...
    PS3 was overhyped imho

What you can do with the points is setup a HK account and use them for any DLC? I have an Aussie account and when I was living in the UK bought points on one of the cards which I then couldn't use because of the region difference. By setting up a UK account though I could use the points for DLC which is linked to the console rather than the gamertag so I could therefore use the map packs on both accounts.

JaredHK likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Seano76:
    What you can do with the points is setup a HK account and use them for any DLC? I have an Aussie account and when I was living in the UK bought points on one of the cards which I then couldn't use because of the region difference. By setting up a UK account though I could use the points for DLC which is linked to the console rather than the gamertag so I could therefore use the map packs on both accounts.
    @Seano76
    Its only possible if the DLC is not region locked to the local version of the game. If he has the HK version of the game she should use up those points and get it over with.
    Romeo should also consider this since he buys HK Games.

@Robert
    The PS3 is an impressive piece of HW but the developers get shitty support from Sony which is why they don't really care about the PS3 anymore.
    Sony also needs to upgrade PSN as it is years behind XBL.
    Last edited by JaredHK; 27-01-2012 at 04:06 PM.

Jared - no surprises there, it does seem that Sony hasn't developed a very strong/loyal developer community, it's a real shame as I agree with you the hardware is(or at least, was) impressive.
    I'd love to see something like Android running on a PS3, with all the right drivers to leverage the hardware, we could see some very cool stuff - sadly, this probably will never happen.....

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast