Like Tree13Likes

netflix set up?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

netflix set up?

ok, my tech-savvy step dad is visiting and has netflix on his Ipad that he is accessing while here.

he knows how to set it all up, but we are wondering if the PS3's in HK have the netflix installed? or would i have to get one of the players in north america and bring it here to work it all?

thanks, guys!

Keep us posted if he can get it to work on his Ipad.

I can confirm that the Xbox app is region locked and anyone caught using it with a VPN risks getting their account and console/device banned. Its probably the same with PS3 as I think they are blocking all overseas IP addresses.

On a similar topic, I see that HMV has movie streaming capabilities for "UK customers". Has anyone with a UK credit card tried to stream movies to a HK computer from HMV.com?

he's been using it on his ipad via vpn since he arrived last week.... he gets so many more selections! and it costs a pittance compared to the crap they serve up here on NOW tv!

JaredHK likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by carang:
    he's been using it on his ipad via vpn since he arrived last week.... he gets so many more selections! and it costs a pittance compared to the crap they serve up here on NOW tv!
    Does I pad have vpn capabilities? I thought it didn't.

Cara
    That's why I have my DVD lady

all i can say is that he is watching netflix as we speak via vpn on his ipad.

all i can say is that he is watching netflix as we speak via vpn on his ipad.
    What's he watching? I've just sat down to watch the Girl with the dragon tattoo.

he watches bbc dramas/cop shows/ murder mysteries.....

Can you please have him post info on how he gets it to work? settings, vpn etc?
    I might try the same settings on a PS3 and see if it works.

@Jimbo
    DVD ladies are a thing of the past. Pick up one of these and you have Free access to a streaming server in China that has almost every local and foreign movie that you can watch or download. http://www.himedia-tech.cn/en/
    Last edited by JaredHK; 27-01-2012 at 08:42 PM.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast