can i use a satellite reciever in Hong Kong ?

Closed Thread

can i use a satellite reciever in Hong Kong ?

Hello everyone

I just bought a home out in the New Territories. I am wondering what my options are to see some good TV programming. I know that NOW and iCable seem to be the only providers on a subscription basis, but has anyone ever hooked up a satellite reciever, and either got good quality programming ( either Free to Air or via a subscription service ) ?. Not looking for any unusual programming, just the usual News, Sports, Entertainment, etc.

Or maybe someone knows one of those smart technically savvy types who can come and do their magic and install what i am looking for ?

Many thanks everyone, for any advice,

I think you can't as there is no place to fix the dish but I like to be proven wrong

Could be illegal but can be done!

There are several satellite dishes around where I live. Going to be looking at one myself as well as can place on the roof which reminds me to head to SSP next week for a look.

yes, you can, free to air channels and dish installation, hk based company

http://www.hktvro.com/t1.htm

I've seen dozens of KU band dishes on rooftops, but I haven't taken a hard look as to what channels you can pull off the birds FTA. But if you've got the roof area and want to try, I'd say go for it. Check out Lyngsat for the channel lists.