Xbox 360 - GPU dead?

Closed Thread

Xbox 360 - GPU dead?

Looks like my Xbox 360 has gone kaput. I've had it for about 4-5 years, so the warranty is probably expired too now.

Working fine with no problems and then it goes and stalls/freezes and all i'm left staring at are all these multi coloured vertical lines. No response at all when pressing buttons on my controller. Any of you experience this before?

I'm looking to fix it- an am thinking of going over to Ho King in MK. Depending on the price, it might result in me getting a new machine completely.

Any recommendations/suggestions guys?

Give your old Xbox a good burial and nice send off.

I would wait and get a new one when the Xbox 720 comes out in a few months.

Quote Originally Posted by mlclau:
    Looks like my Xbox 360 has gone kaput. I've had it for about 4-5 years, so the warranty is probably expired too now.

Working fine with no problems and then it goes and stalls/freezes and all i'm left staring at are all these multi coloured vertical lines. No response at all when pressing buttons on my controller. Any of you experience this before?

I'm looking to fix it- an am thinking of going over to Ho King in MK. Depending on the price, it might result in me getting a new machine completely.

Any recommendations/suggestions guys?
    It can't be fixed so you will need to buy a new console. This tends to happen when the console is used a lot in "Cold" weather as per MSFT support. I had this happen to one of my consoles last winter in HK.

Thanks for the replies guys.

Quote Originally Posted by virago:
    Give your old Xbox a good burial and nice send off.

I would wait and get a new one when the Xbox 720 comes out in a few months.
    Is it really out in only a few months?

Well maybe not. Looks like all the rumours have now been put to bed.

Microsoft Will Not Be Showing The Xbox 720, Durango, Xbox Next, or Any New console at E3 - Forbes

sorry to get your hopes up.

Quote Originally Posted by virago:
    Well maybe not. Looks like all the rumours have now been put to bed.

Microsoft Will Not Be Showing The Xbox 720, Durango, Xbox Next, or Any New console at E3 - Forbes

sorry to get your hopes up.
    I was hoping to see it at this years E3 but I guess it will be out in time for Christmas 2013

@MC
    MS had some sort of trade in on old consoles for CNY that might still be on so check with them or some of their dealers like Mosting or Igamer. They are also doing a promo on the glossy white console/kinect bundle at the moment which looks pretty good.