Custom Length HDMI Cables for In-wall?

Closed Thread

Custom Length HDMI Cables for In-wall?

Does anyone know what shops make these? I need to get them inserted into the wall so that i Have different hdmi plugs throughout the home.

There's a shop in the Wan Chai computer centre (the one above McDonalds) which does all sorts of cabling, custom cables can be made too. Make sure to test the cable using the HDMI spec you require, e.g. if you want to use the cable for HDMI 1.3, test it using that.
    For example, you may have a cable which works fine for 720p, but cannot handle 1080p

Last time I did the reno, I went to Sham Shui Po (Ap Lei Street - turn right from the MTR exit as you come out, the second wires shop). I got a 7m HDMI cable to hook up my TV to the bluray which is in another room. I did not get custom as there was off the shelf brands that came in that length. With HDMI cables, I think you're better off getting standard lengths rather than customs - since they are available in different lengths.

I had to get a 21' power cable made since most power cables are fairly short and I did not want to use extension cords, plus I wanted to upgrade the plugs. With long power cables there is increased chance of RF interference so i made sure I got one that was well insulated. I also had them shorten the cable on a power bar - the power bar is plugged into the wall outlet so I do not need a 6' length of cord taking up valuable desk space and wanted a short 1' foot cable instead. This store did all the custom stuff for me while I waited. I think they charged me $100 for the labour and I paid for the materials from them.