Like Tree3Likes

DVD output not displaying on TV

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Apologies, I mis-spoke. The cable connection between DVD player and TV is DVI-I. It is an oblong thing. I tried now with the S-video and the problem is not solved.

Quote Originally Posted by bagel:
    Apologies, I mis-spoke. The cable connection between DVD player and TV is DVI-I. It is an oblong thing. I tried now with the S-video and the problem is not solved.
    Your problem may be with the 'output' setting on the DVD player?

In my house this would mean the kids or the dogs has pulled out the cable, check that.

The other thing they do, the kids that is, is bugger about with the remote and change settings, check those too.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoob:
    Your problem may be with the 'output' setting on the DVD player?
    Yes, this is a possibility. What am I looking for and where?

Quote Originally Posted by bryant.english:
    In my house this would mean the kids or the dogs has pulled out the cable, check that.

The other thing they do, the kids that is, is bugger about with the remote and change settings, check those too.
    Yes, this is a possibility. What am I looking for in the remote or other settings?

Yes, this is a possibility. What am I looking for and where?
    What is your DVD player model?

Quote Originally Posted by Stoob:
    What is your DVD player model?
    Hi Stoob,
    We have this from Cambridge Audio. At the moment, our remote doesn't seem to work either as I am trying to press the CD mode as it says here in the trouble shooting page. What a pain.

http://www.cambridgeaudio.com/assets...al-English.pdf

I think first you need to determine where the problem is before changing the DVD player or TV.

Do you have another device that you can connect to the same TV input, like another DVD player or even a smart phone? Or take the player to a friend's house and try there if the output is ok.

Also, please post the exact model of you DVD and TV. The manual you linked includes 3 different models that have different connections.

Last edited by Raccon; 06-05-2012 at 03:38 PM.

The model of the DVD player is DVD89. It is a discontinued product. The TV is the Sharp LCD Aquos LC-45G1H.

The model of the DVD player is DVD89. It is a discontinued product. The TV is the Sharp LCD Aquos LC-45G1H.
    First check that the output of your DVD player is set correctly, i.e. the DVI-D output mode settings:
    - HDMI off
    - NTSC
    - Resolution 1280x720p

Then check the TV:
    - DVI input selected
    - Color system auto-detect (or force to NTSC)

Here is the TV's user manual in case you lost it.
    bryant.english likes this.