Like Tree2Likes

Home Theatre + Turntable

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Cool Home Theatre + Turntable

Hi All... Im looking for a Good setup for Home theater and A turntable to go with it for my vinyl collections. Any ideas ... ?? Has to be up to date with technology and not too expensive. I could go into fortress but i sense the stuff there is pretty substandard.

Thanks!!

On a side note - I have a multi - Sound player - a Crosley Archiver. I blew it up by plugging it into a 220V (Its a US Model) Now i repaired the units transformer but everything except the turntable works [Cassette player .. CD player ... Radio].. So if anyone is willign to repair it (or try to) for a price or .. just wants to take it off me for a deal .. do hit back.!~

How much are you willing to pay? All in one or combo systems? 5.1, stereo or both?

problem.

most decent turntables use moving magnet or moving coil output via phono (even though they use rca sockets, there is an extra cable for turntable, normal amplifiers especila virtually all home cinema amplifers ) only decent hifi ampliers have this, such as marantz, arcam, denon etc,

you need a phono pre -amp to use on a home cinema amplifiers

record player, presume, you are not in to djing, then for value for money/entry level, sherwood has a good record player ( find the hk distributor in wan chai, get a good discount like i did 18 months ago)

great player, then the british pro-ject debut is one to aim for, starts from HK$3000+

tahermk likes this.

Nope not into dj-ing , just casual home listening. Do you know the name of the shop in wanchai?

Denon AVR 4311, 3312 both got phono in, ie, you don't need phono amp. If you are a stereophile connoisseur, you won't even think about connecting a turntable to an AV receiver but a separate system.

apliu street sham shui po ...

a lot of shops carry this stuff up there,, range of prices - new and 2nd hand bargains to be had.

Quote Originally Posted by dtb:
    Denon AVR 4311, 3312 both got phono in, ie, you don't need phono amp. If you are a stereophile connoisseur, you won't even think about connecting a turntable to an AV receiver but a separate system.

Well i went to Sherwoods and picked up a turntable about 1300/- It should arrive on Saturday. Now i just need something to hear it on .. lol
    I probably dont want to spend too much at this point maybe anohter 3000/- for the AMP + Speakers if thats even possible. I got my tax envelope and im dreading the worst....

Quote Originally Posted by audiot:
    apliu street sham shui po ...

a lot of shops carry this stuff up there,, range of prices - new and 2nd hand bargains to be had.

I been to Apliu before but not with purpose. maybe i will again with an agenda this time... any idea if shops are running till say .. 9 - 10 pm?

Quote Originally Posted by tahermk:
    Well i went to Sherwoods and picked up a turntable about 1300/- It should arrive on Saturday. Now i just need something to hear it on .. lol
    I probably dont want to spend too much at this point maybe anohter 3000/- for the AMP + Speakers if thats even possible. I got my tax envelope and im dreading the worst....
    you need a bit more than that for a budget home cinema amp and basic two speakers

amp around HK$2500 for amp

Yamaha RX-V373 - Amplifier 擴音機 - 家庭影音 - 香港格價網 Price.com.hk

pre amp around HK$1000 (actually the cambridge audio is pricey in hk)

and speakers, good and cheap yamaha or onkyo

start from HK$800

or alternative a proper hi fi amp with phono built in ( ie, marantz pm5004 from HK$2500

Marantz ENG | PM5004

and some nice speakers, if you can stretch HK$1400, mission or tannoys, if not yamaha or onkyo for less than HK$1000
    Last edited by imparanoic; 17-07-2012 at 08:19 PM.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast