Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Claire ex-ax
  • 1 Post By hullexile

London Olympics

Closed Thread

London Olympics

Does anyone know if the opening ceremony will be broadcast live in HK on normal tv?

Yeah, but don't blink. It's just David Beckham driving a double decker bus through the stadium.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

A quick visit to the TVB Pearl website would tell you that its coverage starts at 3:45 am in the wee hours of Saturday morning. For ATV, no hand-holding... you're on your own.

Quote Originally Posted by dipper:
    Yeah, but don't blink. It's just David Beckham driving a double decker bus through the stadium.
    No its got lots of cows and morris dancers and things. The only thing that might get me out of bed is that the Sex Pistol's God Save the Queen is on the playlist.

Some sheep and rain involved apparently

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal
    Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    The only thing that might get me out of bed is that the Sex Pistol's God Save the Queen is on the playlist.
    Or an extended Month Python sketch with the entire audience singing the Spam song for the finale. And everyone having to dress like this:

hullexile likes this.

All these foreigners look the same to us.
    Beuze likes this.

SLightly off topic...

All the i-Cable Channels are broadcasting in Cantonese, even the alternate audio.

I am sure I read somewhere that some of the channels would be broadcast in english. Anyone know? I guess it's possible that since it's just the preliminaries, the Official stuff (i.e. after the opening ceremony) will be in both.