Like Tree26Likes

Crappiest movies of the last 5 years?

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

omg night and day in tsin shui wai?! half the film seemed to spend half the film sat on a bus dozing.. or in a supermarket!

I erm enjoyed...
    Good will humping
    Cumdog Millionaire

Stu79 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by pizzalover:
    Internal Affairs
    2002...a decade ago
    Kung Fu Hustle
    2004...close to a decade ago
    Night and Day in Tin Shui Wai
    Besieged City
    cough cough
    Ip Man (loved by many, but I have no interest in watching)
    first one was decent i suppose, but not great.

My point was that out of all the films in the last decade here, I would be extremely hard pressed to find 10 films I could say were good or great. 99% of the films I do see advertised or watched here are absolute crap in my opinion. I often wonder who is funding these films to be made, because they can't be getting huge attendance. Even if they did get some audience here, it certainly would not be huge numbers overseas.

Quote Originally Posted by Stu79:
    ultra low quality sci-fi rubbish Skyline
    This!

And, of a similar ilk, I will also put forward Battle: Los Angeles. Absolute Turd.

There was another film, which i thought was BLA but cant seem to find reference. It consisted of a pilot from WW2 being transported to the present day in the midst of an alien invasion. That was pretty shit too.

Edit - Right - I knew it had Los Angeles in the title too, not quite sure what happened here but they are actually different films, both from 2011, both about the same thing, both have pretty much the same name and both absolute dog turd!

Battle: Los Angeles
    Battle of Los Angeles

In fact, on reflection, I have no idea if I have even seen the first one. I had assumed the one i was watching at the time was Battle: Los Angeles. So confusing.

Anyway....whatever i'm sure it's still shit.
    Last edited by Trebor; 24-08-2012 at 01:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BaconBreadBaker:
    any HK movie in the last decade.

WOW really ?

So you include Bruce Lee My Brother ?

The Ip Man films and the Infernal affairs trilogy to that sweeping statement ?

Quite stunning if you do...

Now as to what films I thought were pretty average or droll, I agree with most of what has been nominated, for the exception of the Iron Man movies, Prometheus and Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy.. Which I enjoyed immensely...

My short list below:

4:44 Last day on Earth, was pretty crap in my opinion, it just didn't work for me.

Tree of Life, while I usually enjoy movies that the Bradster stars in, this one left me a bit ho hum... It ended up in the bin which is rare for me to throw a film away.

In the Darkness. Was another crap film that really disappointed me, and I love WWI and WWII era European films generally, but this one sucked balls and was switched off within 15 minutes. The Boy In The Striped pyjamas totally blows this movie away...

Coriolanus just shat me to tears lol I love previous celluloid adaptations of Shakespeare, my favourites were Much A do about nothing, The merchant of Venice and Baz Luhrmanns Romeo & Juliet which were all excellent. But they f'd up with Coriolanus.

I am sure I can think of a few more, but that will do for the starters...
    Last edited by Skyhook; 24-08-2012 at 01:39 PM.

every 'transformers' was shite.

i second whoever said 'expendables' (almost jumped out the window after watching that one).

and 'the second woman' with shu qi was so incredibly far below its potential that i feel genuinely sorry for the director. had to be one of the worst films made in the last century.

cjjenks

any movie with sandra bollocks

Last edited by cjjenks; 24-08-2012 at 02:00 PM.

I brought up Expendibles. Just heard they've found some more mothballed action heros to appear in the movie sequel. Get this, the Muscles from Brussels , Wam Bam Jean Claude Van Damme is the villain AND Chuck Norris also has a role. The only missing kung fu chopsocky actors are Steven Segal, the Rock and Jackie Chan - i guess they will appear on Part 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Unsolicited:
    and 'the second woman' with shu qi was so incredibly far below its potential that i feel genuinely sorry for the director. had to be one of the worst films made in the last century.
    Did she get her kit off?

Quote Originally Posted by Stoob:
    Did she get her kit off?
    obviously not.

movie would not have been half bad if she had.