Like Tree16Likes

Where To Buy Good Speakers?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by recdog7
    Well, the beach I'm going to (Repulse) has an outlet I can plug the stereo into. So I don't need it to be battery-powered/portable. Just want a stereo that is very loud but under $1000 HK. My roommate has subwoofers that go pretty loud and got it for around $500 apparently.
    i think you don't nothing about audio and you like distorted music as long it appears but in reality it's possibly running at 1% THD (total harmonic distortion) and that sounds terrible, but you probably a teenager and marketing terms such as pmpo ( peak music power output) measured in '000 watts ( in reality it is not) was designed for your target group.

Imp you really are a hardcore wanko/audio file lol. Let it slide, 99% of normal people out there don't give a shit. Especially when buying portable audio for the beach, they arent expected to carry a pair of Wilson Audio Grand Slams, a Theta transport, EAD dac - pre amp, and a Musical Fidelity Dr Thomas Power amplifier to the beach ffs.

Get over it

Sent from my GT-I9100 using GeoClicks Mobile

Last edited by Skyhook; 13-11-2012 at 07:46 AM.

Being an audiophile is a disease and the treatment is very costly. Don't try to transmit it to others.

Cool dude. As long as that made you feel better about how much you know about sound systems, then keep doing it. Go ahead call me a teenager again actually. It's a good insult.

Go to Mong Kok Sim City, and get the Audio Engine A2. I have them, and I love them. I would love to change them for an A5+ but it's not even the money, just lack of space.. Space to put them, and space to listen to them and without reverb from the walls.

Quote Originally Posted by threelittlepigs
    For high end stereo (cost no object) go to 1 Duddell Street (entire building has 4 or 5 distributors) or visit the Sound Chamber at 11 Stanley Street 21/f new location. For medium to high end go to Yau Shing Building (exit Bank Centre in Mongkok Stn) or Grandcastle Bldg on Sai Yeung Choi Street. There is also a nice audiophile store in the basement of Langham Place Mall. Also a place in Happy Valley called Sing Woo on Blue Pool Road.
    Well at least your info helped me!

I would like to add it's the yau shing commercial center. If you use google maps for the yau shing building it is a few blocks away and is a group of strip clubs and a mahjong hall. Felt funny asking for speakers in there!

Quote Originally Posted by superpilot
    I would like to add it's the yau shing commercial center. If you use google maps for the yau shing building it is a few blocks away and is a group of strip clubs and a mahjong hall. Felt funny asking for speakers in there!
    What? It's well known building for cameras and electronics and has a few floors with gadget shops.

Mongkok MTR, Exit E2, then enter the building just before the Body Shop. The electronic shops are in the higher floors, I think from 6th on upwards if I remember correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by superpilot
    Well at least your info helped me!

really?, bank centre and corner of sai yeung choi south has seedy places, I didn't know that, are you sure you weren't drunk mistaken for seedy parts of Jordan with it's pink fluorescent lamps or parts of lockhart rd

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic
    really?, bank centre and corner of sai yeung choi south has seedy places, I didn't know that, are you sure you weren't drunk mistaken for seedy parts of Jordan with it's pink fluorescent lamps or parts of lockhart rd
    Yau shing building is the corner of Tung Choi street. There are plenty of hookers along Tung Choi street and Fa Yuen street. Walk down the sides of the markets rather than the centre and you may be surprised what you see. Some scantily clad young ladies may wish to discuss a commercial transaction with you.

Temple Street and Shanghai street too - in fact all through Mongkok. Surprised that you don't know this!

I usually go to Michael's Audio at B/F, Prosperity Building, 6E Nelson Street, Mongkok.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast