XBOX 360 Connection problem to Xbox Live

Closed Thread

XBOX 360 Connection problem to Xbox Live

I just bought a new Xbox 360 and I've been having a lot of problems trying to connect it to the Internet and Xbox LIVE. I'm currently subscribed to PCCW Netvigator.

I brought the console back to the store that I got it from and there are no problems connecting to the Xbox live from their network.

Any tips on how I can get all these sorted? I've tried both wired and wireless but have failed on both.

jaredHK is the expert, but it may help to unblock a few ports in your modem settings

Is it connect directly to he PCCW modem ? if yes did you enter your account and password info under settings on your xbox ?

I have two Xbox's hooked up via wired connections using PCCW Netvigator. One connects fine the vast majority of the time, the other very rarely connects and frequently disconnects if it has connected. The PCCW helpdesk weren't very helpful at all, and unfortunately the problem remains unresolved. Hope you have better luck!

Mine always disconnected when I connect with cable through the router (apple airport extreme), but when I do wireless, it's stable. Weird.

Use a portforward and you should be good to go. I don't have a link handy here on my cell by google Xbox Portforward and see what comes up. Its pretty easy and straightforward to set up.

I managed to figure out after reading some forums. Apparently, I need to put in my netvigator username and password in one of the settings on the XBOX. Very strange why I need to do this but it works now.