Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By imparanoic
  • 1 Post By HK2A430

Can HK ps3 connect to UK PSN store?

Closed Thread

Can HK ps3 connect to UK PSN store?

Looking to buy ps3 just for rocksmith but been told DLC not available on Asia PSN. No idea if it ever be.

Can I buy a ps3 here and register on UK PSN so I can buy DLCs?

Quote Originally Posted by jimbob70:
    Looking to buy ps3 just for rocksmith but been told DLC not available on Asia PSN. No idea if it ever be.

Can I buy a ps3 here and register on UK PSN so I can buy DLCs?
    my mate has a hk ps3 cech4xxx, based in uk, no problems, dlc is limited in hk
    jimbob70 likes this.

I can log into my US PSN account on my HK PS3, so there shouldn't be any problems. If you don't already have a UK PSN account, select UK as your location when you sign up. You might have to provide a UK address.

To keep things separate (and so I don't have to log in all the time) I created separate users on my PS3. One is linked to my US PSN, and the other HK PSN.

jimbob70 likes this.

Can't answer your question directly, but I bought a UK PS3 when I was in the UK, with a UK PSN account, and brought it over here.

I have definitely used my UK PSN account whilst in HK. I did notice though that I generally was being connected to UK peers on the games that I play over the network, so I set up a second profile with an HK PSN account. I can easily switch over when in the XMB.

If all else fails, you could set up your router to use a UK proxy. You'd definitely have access then (as all your traffic would be routed to PSN via a UK server, so for all intents and purposes, you would be a "UK resident".

You can set up a UK account on a HK PS3. You will need a UK CC or UK PSN credit (Prepaid Cards) to load up the account.
    Once done, buy your DLC on the UK account and play it on any account on that console. No proxy or any of the other BS is needed.

There are no restrictions for now but will be in the future as they want to ip lock all DLC and account logins to a particular region & a particular region console. I saw this demoed recently and even proxies don't help.