USB controller on Wii?

USB controller on Wii?

hey everybody

can you use a usb controller (not wireless) and use it on a wii? because the wii controllers for SSBB are not working too well. (and i don't have a gamecube one). Do you know where i could get a gamecube controller too?

thanks.

Wii classic controllers or Gamecube controllers are available at the usual game console shopping malls like 188, at Wanchai Road 188; Golden Arcade in Sam Shui Po or Sino Centre in Mong Kok.

kk thanks a lot
    but i wanna know if i can use my usb controller then i wouldn't have to buy a gamecube controller or anything else.

I am pretty sure there is no way to use a USB controller with the Wii. If there is a way, it would almost certainly involve buying an adapter, so you might as well get a normal controller anyway.

I use my Wavebird - works great

Quote Originally Posted by vmlinuz:
    I am pretty sure there is no way to use a USB controller with the Wii. If there is a way, it would almost certainly involve buying an adapter, so you might as well get a normal controller anyway.

I use my Wavebird - works great

So far, can't use any USB controller (I tried) on the Wii because there's no way to install the drivers on the Wii. I would like for someone to figure it out but I doubt it.

GC controllers are eveywhere, a white one to match the Wii is being released in Japan. (AKA Nintendo making more $$$$$)

Where did you find a Wavebird? I haven't been able to find any in HK.

Quote Originally Posted by bargnonions:
    Where did you find a Wavebird? I haven't been able to find any in HK.
    I found it in the US about 5 years ago, to go with my Gamecube of the time

When I packed up my stuff in the UK and left, I gave my gamecube and most of my games to a mate, and just brought my favourite few games (e.g. Soul Caliber) and my Gamebird with me. I didn't even have a Wii at the time, but I knew I'd be getting one, and I knew I'd have a use for the Gamebird sooner or later...

I bought an original Wavebird 6 months ago in 188 Wanchai road. Might suggest to check out those shops. Also pretty sure USB controllers won't work since Nintendo wants to earn money on their controllers. I also suggest using the Wii Classic Controller otehrwise as the cable of normal gamecube is too short when connected to a Wii.

ya thanks! i'll probrably buy a GC controller from sham shui po or something? Where is the closest place to Sha tin that sells a GC controller or a close looking like GC controller? thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by vmlinuz:
    I found it in the US about 5 years ago, to go with my Gamecube of the time

When I packed up my stuff in the UK and left, I gave my gamecube and most of my games to a mate, and just brought my favourite few games (e.g. Soul Caliber) and my Gamebird with me. I didn't even have a Wii at the time, but I knew I'd be getting one, and I knew I'd have a use for the Gamebird sooner or later...

Yea Wavebird are harder to find now. eBay has them for inflated prices though.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatts:
    I bought an original Wavebird 6 months ago in 188 Wanchai road. Might suggest to check out those shops. Also pretty sure USB controllers won't work since Nintendo wants to earn money on their controllers. I also suggest using the Wii Classic Controller otehrwise as the cable of normal gamecube is too short when connected to a Wii.

I think Im gonna go for a GC, the new white one that Nintendo just release. Will wait for the US version. It has a longer cable. And Wavebird doesn't have rumble and the mote is already eating enough of my batteries.