NTSC Xbox 360 in HK?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Exclamation NTSC Xbox 360 in HK?

Hey guys, I just moved back from the states and is wondering if there's any place in HK that sells an NTSC xbox 360. I've been sharing one with my roommate back in the states, so I have some games but not the system. Also, if I got one here, will there be any setbacks regarding xbox live? (US games not compatible with HK network?) Life isn't worth living if you can't play COD4 online... Seriously, I'm not that big of a geek . Thanks for the help

Japan is NTSC like the US, you should be able to find both. Your games are probably region locked, and Xbox live might be region specific too.

Cool Its available and i have one

I have a XBOX 360 NTSC version and brought in Hong Kong so you can also get one in the Sham Shui Po area where i got it..

Quote Originally Posted by shreshti:
    I have a XBOX 360 NTSC version and brought in Hong Kong so you can also get one in the Sham Shui Po area where i got it..
    Really? Could you tell me where in Sham Shui Po can I get one (Directions)? And can you go on xbox live without problems? Thanks so much!!!

The XBOX sold here is the NTSC-J version, as are the games. Not sure if the US games which are just NTSC would work as I think the consoles are region locked. You could get a modified machine that would play all your games, however you would have issues online I would think.

You'll be able to play the games fine. Not sure about Live.

Although on my gamercard that I started in Canada, it shows all the stats etc. and I am now using that gamercard on a HK NTSC-J Xbox I bought here. Not sure if that says anything or not. I don't have any of my Canadian games here otherwise I'd test it out.

I know a guy who tried to play games bought here and they didn't work in Australia until the Xbox was modded.

U can't play US game on Hkg Xbox if they are zoned
    Some are not.

You can mod you hkg xbox and will be able to play games from everywhere and copy game but you wont be able to play online.

So bascially they're saying you can't move AND own an Xbox.

If and when I go back to Canada, me thinks I will grind up my xbox into small bits and send Microsoft 360 different envelopes.

Well no you can't just up and move around the world with your xbox, blue ray, wii, or ps3...

I say just get it moded haha, then again the 360 is such a lemon you'll probably need to have it serviced sooner or later...

Honestly though get it modded I did that for my wii before coming, that way I can buy or copy games it leaves me choices.

The fun of Xbox is the online games if you modded you can't play online anymore ...

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast