How much should you pay for Cable TV these days?

How much should you pay for Cable TV these days?

Anyone know what the going monthly rate is for subscribing to Cable TV these days? They've got me on a contract where they charge me $320 a month for just the Cable TV (no broadband). But I'm pretty sure you can get cheaper packages these days? If anyone knows of one, please let me know so that I can bargain them down. Many thanks.

Cable TV is the worst - are you limited to them or can you choose another service? If so walk down almost any shopping district and you will find guys selling TV packages. I currently pay $216 / month for Now TV with quite a few channels.

bdw

I ditched cable and nowtv for Maige service. Its not a completely legal service and it does have some reliability issues, but 388 channels offers much more than both now and icable. Also the picture quality much better since icable and now are still in the dark ages transmitting SD and 4:3 signals for many of their channels.

Cost for maige is $2500 for first year (includes box) and then $600 per year after that. Being an illegal service could dissapear any time, but it has shown a lot of resilience especially since nowtv cried to the cops during the world cup and they tried to shut it down but failed. I just enjoy it while I can and only go back to now as a last resort.

Quote Originally Posted by dgittings:
    They've got me on a contract where they charge me $320 a month for just the Cable TV (no broadband).
    You are already on a contract, how can you bargain now.

I am same as BDW, I use maigetv only, got rid of nowtv and didnt bother with cable as that is worse than nowtv.