Like Tree35Likes

Av / Hifi shops

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

To the OP, glad you found what you are looking for. To others who may be reading, I like a slightly more audio focussed amp that is more minimalist than typical consumer amps that were mentioned. So I would recommend something from Rotel, Arcam or NAD to be your amp. Then an Oppo CD/DVD/BluRay player.

imparanoic likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by threelittlepigs:
    To the OP, glad you found what you are looking for. To others who may be reading, I like a slightly more audio focussed amp that is more minimalist than typical consumer amps that were mentioned. So I would recommend something from Rotel, Arcam or NAD to be your amp. Then an Oppo CD/DVD/BluRay player.
    i have best of both worlds, home cinema in lounge and pure hifi - marantz cd67se cd player, marantz pm66 se amp, tannoy m1 speakers in the spare room,

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    Now just rip all your CD's into FLAC files and put them on your NAS drive...
    or simpler, use a usb drive plug to hifi

messing around listening to nonsense

WebSound.Ru - Testing audio samples

Cho-man likes this.

There seems to be a good sale at Richcoln at the moment. Seems like they are dropping a few brands so a bit of a firesale.

Richcoln Company Limited - Richcoln Big Sale 2016 coming soon

imparanoic and Rob2020 like this.

Go to the HMV superstore just opened in CWB. Have a listen to Devialet speakers. You will be blown away.

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    There seems to be a good sale at Richcoln at the moment. Seems like they are dropping a few brands so a bit of a firesale.

Richcoln Company Limited - Richcoln Big Sale 2016 coming soon
    Just got canton (German brand) under sofa subwoofer at amazing price of hkd 1000, usual price at hkd4000, thanks for the heads up, discreetness and performance for Amazing price

Other items, CANTON flood standing speakers at hkd1490, usual.price Hkd3500

Sherwood (us brand) Bluetooth, air play speaker at hkd499
    Rob2020, Skyhook and East_coast like this.

Go to the HMV superstore just opened in CWB. Have a listen to Devialet speakers. You will be blown away.
    Unfortunately they are very ugly...

Hate to think what the cheap ABS shells will look like after 10 years.

To each their own. I thought the Deviolet will look very nice in a contemporary setting, especially since you can mount them on the wall..

To each their own. I thought the Deviolet will look very nice in a contemporary setting, especially since you can mount them on the wall..
    It's just the use of ABS that I guess is so depressing. Pitching the product at the high end and they have used mid price mid quality materials.

I guess we do get shaped by many influences but I prefer these hand crafted naturally aged solid oak units to a couple of bits of plastic. I bough t a pair on impulse because they looked nice and sounded surprisingly good.

I suspect in 30 years they will still look nice (to me anyway).