Like Tree2Likes

Netflix on AppleTV in HK

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Shiri, if you were to recommend just one of the services you use, which would it be? I've been thinking of ditching NOW TV (overpriced) and just doing Netflix. What is the benefit of using all the services? Just starting to look into this so any advice would be very appreciated as I do the research.

Thanks!

Guess I opened up a good discussion.
    All I been is using an Android tv box to watch drama and old movies on apps..

@fifers34 I get Amazon prime videos for free... Very good collection and some decent original programming. I pay for prime, to avoid shipping charges and to borrow books on Kindle.

Netflix has a better range of movies and is ad free. Hulu has a better range of TV programs and has ads every 5-10 mins.

My total TV related cost is under 25 USD, per month which includes the unblock-us pricing, Netflix and Hulu costs.

Annual costs would include the prime subscription.

We use HKBNs 1gbps service which costs us HKD 168 a month (19x in the first two years) .

If you really want to watch some off beat shows like storage wars or pawn stars... Many of them are. Not on any of Hulu or Netflix and the choice is either download then or perhaps iTunes.

Last edited by shri; 16-05-2015 at 10:23 AM.

Must add that I have seen some good documentary TV shows on Netflix lately and both the services are trying to cross over into each other's niches.

I'm thinking of buying an Apple TV soon so resurrecting this thread to see if it's still possible to get US apps using unblockus or any other DNS. I have a US credit card and am in the US App Store but want HBO Now from the US to work.

It's possible, but I think you need a entertainment tech person to set all things up for you. You need to make things as if you are living in USA, need an appleID, IP address blah blah... I think you can make it. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by merchantms:
    I'm thinking of buying an Apple TV soon so resurrecting this thread to see if it's still possible to get US apps using unblockus or any other DNS. I have a US credit card and am in the US App Store but want HBO Now from the US to work.
    US apps should work with a DNS service ..for now.
    I am using the US store and have had no issues in HK or Singapore so far.
    merchantms likes this.

Cool

If you are staying in HK for a while, netflix is already available in HK... I've seen the app floating up on my playstation, nowTV service provider, Apple TV, etc. not sure what's the difference from other countries tho.

I have the Apple TV with HK Netflix. Not as much content as the US but more than enough to make it worth the HK $63 p/m.

You pretty much plug the Apple TV in and download the Netflix app and choose your payment plan and done.

Anyone having trouble with Netflix? Couldn't access any programmes last night through my Apple Box (but got Utube etc) it just kept saying Code 11800