Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By GeoTommy

DJI Phantom

Closed Thread

Question DJI Phantom

Hi guys.

Question again XD.

Just wanna check if is illegal to fly a Phantom around HK? But of cos not those government offical buildings, just cruising and taking videos and photos.

Planning to get one to but need some information first.

Thanks

Check with the Civil Aviation Department:

http://www.cad.gov.hk/english/Unmanned_Aircraft_Systems.html

Flying Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) weighing not more than 7 kg (without its fuel) for recreational purpose can be classified as model aircraft flying, and no application to CAD is required.
    See also where to and where NOT to fly:

Civil Aviation Department - Flying Model Aircraft
    shri likes this.

thought about this last year. from what i saw on youtube, those things may not be the easiest thing to fly unless you are already experienced. especially in hong knog with so many tall buildings. could really hurt someone if not careful. not even going to get into the privacy issue as i told my wife that you could literately fly outside of upper floor windows and video tape everything.

True enough, too much tall buildings and it would be hard trying to avoid all those if im inexperience. Guess is a no go.

Damn, really love to own 1.. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by alfread:
    True enough, too much tall buildings and it would be hard trying to avoid all those if im inexperience. Guess is a no go.

Damn, really love to own 1.. lol.
    Why would you go to one the top brands when you can buy cheap and easily affordable ones for around 400 to 500$, practise on them, they have built in video cameras as well.

RC Toys & Hobbies – Shop for Best RC Toys from Leading China Wholesalers

I have one but I havent been arsed to take it out the box but I know plenty of people buy and fly them in the parks and country parks, out door public car parks etc.