Like Tree208Likes

UBTV & IPTV Smartboxes - FAQs and Reviews

Closed Thread
Page 16 of 99 FirstFirst ... 8 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 24 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by cmyk:
    I'm surprised that my old Moonbox is not affected during the crackdowns, I heard that their server is here in United States, too bad they don't have the channel I want. As for 壹粤TV, I did the 1 day trial, I have a feeling it's the same company as YueHai and FanYa, the interface is identical, and the reseller is not pleasant to deal with, he kept reminding me that 壹粤TV is the only apk that's still functioning... ... may be I'm wrong, it seems to me that 壹粤TV apk was quickly put together by YueHai, so that they could profit from eager customers during this blackout period.
    Yes, a quick google check also show that some customers think that 壹粤TV apk was quickly put together by YueHai as well.

I am quite impressed that HDtv has not been affected by the crackdown and has largely worked well during the last 2-3 months. Issue is that at US$63 / yr, it does not come with dramas/movies or playback functions, and I still have to get dramas/movies from other apps.

Will adopt a wait and see attitude to see how things unravel in Jan 16. Sticking mainly to Kodi these days on a cheap android box, in particular: UKTV now, Phoenix, Genesis, 1channel, Azdrama, DexterTV.

Besides Kodi add-ons, for movies, I have also been using the app, Cartoon HD (playing via MX player) to great effect!

I'm glad I didn't buy the 壹粤TV, there's no customer service at all, it's even worse than YueHai.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

My old man picked up an Unblock box just before Christmas. We haven't used it much, just enough to know we miss the Maige.

i_am_paper likes this.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

Update: We haven't used the Unblock much, in part because the UBTV app is often under 'maintenance'. I'd say it's been unavailable more than 70% of the time we've attempted to use it.

Any other apps to install?

Quote Originally Posted by Claire ex-ax:
    Update: We haven't used the Unblock much, in part because the UBTV app is often under 'maintenance'. I'd say it's been unavailable more than 70% of the time we've attempted to use it.

Any other apps to install?
    What are the channels you need? For reliabilty, you can go for paid app like HDTV (not sure if they will run off in mid-term though) or free kodi add-on (eg UK TV Now, US TV now). For movies, try installing Cartoon HD android apk. It works brilliantly if you install MX player.

Were you the one who needed live news? If so, can install this: worldnewslive addon from k3oni repo. It has Al-Jazeera, BBC, CNN, C-SPAN, EuroNews, RT, SkyNews etc
    Last edited by RedsYNWA; 30-12-2015 at 10:19 AM.

Found a trick on UBTV: open the Chinese version app and load the channel you want. Then open the English version, usually it will be loaded immediately. Their layout basically the same, just different language. It works for me most of the time. If the Chinese version doesn't work, you have to try at a later time.

Quote Originally Posted by mingming:
    Found a trick on UBTV: open the Chinese version app and load the channel you want. Then open the English version, usually it will be loaded immediately. Their layout basically the same, just different language. It works for me most of the time. If the Chinese version doesn't work, you have to try at a later time.
    yep, sometimes Japanese dont work from English app. but it works on Chinese app. maybe they have different servers?

So, hopefully simple question...

Can anyone recommend a box which a) is fairly cheap, say no more than around $1000, and b) has reasonably reliable access to Eurosport, or some other channel(s) which carry winter sports?

Quote Originally Posted by RedsYNWA:
    Just checked... Only 6 Jap channels though. I managed to contact the shenzhen rep directly. Cost USD 63 per year, and he claims that the service has been operating despite the 2-3 months of crackdowns, as its main server is in Malaysia.

You can watsapp this chap at +86 138 2437 0783 for trial and channel listing. Co name is Shenzhen Skyway Technology Co. Ltd.
    Which package did you end up going with?

Quote Originally Posted by ilee81:
    Which package did you end up going with?
    I decided to wait till after Chinese New Year, before subscribing to Package A (360 odd channels). Its partly to test if HDTV can endure the Chinese crackdown till then. If they can outlast its competitors from Oct 15 to Feb16 (ie IPTV's bleak winter period), it seems its service should be pretty stable....

Closed Thread
Page 16 of 99 FirstFirst ... 8 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 24 ... LastLast