Like Tree207Likes

UBTV & IPTV Smartboxes - FAQs and Reviews

Closed Thread
Page 19 of 100 FirstFirst ... 11 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 27 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by scruples
    Anyone tried to download TVMC recently? I went to tvaddons dot ag and when I clicked download, says "Can't find it. The uploader/developer has deleted the file from the site..." Are there other places I can get the apk from?
    Try Kodi instead.

I just recently purchased an UnblockTech U-box and I did a factory reset and all the default apps are now gone. Does anyone know if there's a way to find the default apps or if they know where the apks are?

Hi, I'm new to this forum but have been following these threads for a while now. I am a diehard F1 fan and while I was searching for an alternative to NOW TV I bumped into the Maige thread, which I have to say, one of the best things ever happened to me. So a big thanks to all those who contributed to that thread.

Now that Maige is gone and the new F1 season is starting in March, I was wondering should I wait for a couple of months to see if Maige gets back online or I go ahead and get the unblock Tech box. Apart from F1, what i'm missing right now is VOD and the Netflix has very limited content.

Any suggestions.....thx a lot.

bdw

Quote Originally Posted by hk1200
    Hi, I'm new to this forum but have been following these threads for a while now. I am a diehard F1 fan and while I was searching for an alternative to NOW TV I bumped into the Maige thread, which I have to say, one of the best things ever happened to me. So a big thanks to all those who contributed to that thread.

Now that Maige is gone and the new F1 season is starting in March, I was wondering should I wait for a couple of months to see if Maige gets back online or I go ahead and get the unblock Tech box. Apart from F1, what i'm missing right now is VOD and the Netflix has very limited content.

Any suggestions.....thx a lot.
    The unblock box has SKY SPORTS F1, which I think at the moment during the F1 off-season has been renamed to SKY SPORTS DARTS.

Also installing KODI/TVMC on the unblock box gives you some more options for F1. The Phoenix plugin I think used to have an F1 link. It's not there right now though.

Also I think MOBDRO app has options for F1. This can be installed on unblock box too.

But between now and March anything could happen. These things change a fair bit. What works now may not work in March. But one thing in favour of the unblock box is that its a generic android box that is capable of installing a variety of apps from all over the place. If the built in UBTV app dies or doesnt have the F1 channel anymore, there will be another APK or something you can download that will have it.

For VOD, Netflix has a lot more content if you get something like unotelly on top of it, which unblocks all the netflix stores worldwide. But I think the Genesis plugin and others on KODI/TVMC also are quite good at VOD. They have a lot more content than Maige, but not always as reliable unfortunately. Netflix is nice because it just works, on all your devices, nice interface, piece of cake to use. KODI/TVMC is more messing around.
    -1983- likes this.

Thanks BDW for taking time to reply.

Like you said, since it is an android box there are more options if one app doesn't work, so I might as well get this one and give it a try.

bdw

Just to add that the Maige never had Sky Sports F1, just the regular sky sports, fox sports, NBC Sports etc. So actually sometimes used to be a bit tricky finding the right channel to watch F1 and with the better british commentary team (Martin Brundle, etc). Sometimes had to settle for US commentators on NBC or the Japanese on Fuji TV. But now with the unblock box there is a dedicated F1 channel showing 24/7 F1 including all the practice sessions etc. So I have to say that when the unblock works, its better than Maige for F1. The only problem is sometimes it doesn't work.

Skyhook likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bdw
    Just to add that the Maige never had Sky Sports F1, just the regular sky sports, fox sports, NBC Sports etc. So actually sometimes used to be a bit tricky finding the right channel to watch F1 and with the better british commentary team (Martin Brundle, etc). Sometimes had to settle for US commentators on NBC or the Japanese on Fuji TV. But now with the unblock box there is a dedicated F1 channel showing 24/7 F1 including all the practice sessions etc. So I have to say that when the unblock works, its better than Maige for F1. The only problem is sometimes it doesn't work.
    Yeah it did happen a few times and I remember watching some of the races with Chinese commentory. So I think I'll go ahead with this one.

Does this box come with a built in app for live channels/vod, or I've got to install everything?

bdw

Quote Originally Posted by hk1200
    Yeah it did happen a few times and I remember watching some of the races with Chinese commentory. So I think I'll go ahead with this one.

Does this box come with a built in app for live channels/vod, or I've got to install everything?
    The built in app for live channels is called UBTV and select the one called "English version". There are also a ton of other built in apps that are all in chinese. They appear to have VOD etc. But I dont use them. For english VOD, install TVMC/KODI manually yourself (from APK file).

Quote Originally Posted by bdw
    The built in app for live channels is called UBTV and select the one called "English version". There are also a ton of other built in apps that are all in chinese. They appear to have VOD etc. But I dont use them. For english VOD, install TVMC/KODI manually yourself (from APK file).
    Thank you very much. You've been a great help.

Quote Originally Posted by Proplus
    Try Kodi instead.
    Thanks! Found Kodi in the Google Play store and followed the "Addon Installer" instructions to get genesis and phoenix addons loaded up. Any other recommendations for addons?

What's the "Config Wizard" that they mention? Looked like it would install a whole bunch of pre-configured addons, so didn't want to try as I was afraid it'd load up a bunch of stuff I would never touch. Does the Config Wizard make the UI more user friendly?

Also, as I tried out some US tv series on genesis, once I chose a show, seems like I have to try a few streams before getting anything to load. Is there an easier way to know which stream to choose? Or is that just how this works? Sorry, new to this so probably obvious, but I'm feeling my way around and any tips would be helpful.

Thanks for all the tips so far, its made an idle android box very useful!

FYI, found a few sky sports f1 streams via phoenix, and seems to be working, hope it stays working when the new f1 season starts!

Closed Thread
Page 19 of 100 FirstFirst ... 11 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 27 ... LastLast