Closed Thread
Page 86 of 100 FirstFirst ... 78 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 94 ... LastLast
Like Tree207Likes

UBTV & IPTV Smartboxes - FAQs and Reviews

  1. #851

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    a sunny un spoilt paradise
    Posts
    6,862

    On the UBTV app side of the Unblock TV Box, most of the regular cable TV channels are viewable such as comedy channel Asia, all the discovery, Ci, Luxe, FYI, syfy, Dmax etc.....

    Kodi isn't used at all for those channels


  2. #852

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    a sunny un spoilt paradise
    Posts
    6,862

    What would be great, if UBTV could stream the Australian free to air TV channels like they do for many other countries, UK, Japan, Hong Kong, India, Arabia, Vietnam etc eliminating any need for a vpn etc as they already get around it.

    I'd be so happy if they provided Australian
    ( Melbourne or sydney) channels 2, SBS, 7,9 and 10

    Last edited by Skyhook; 12-03-2017 at 12:39 PM.
    Mrs. Jones likes this.

  3. #853

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    13,325

  4. #854

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Tsim Sha Tsui
    Posts
    3,855

    Has anyone had the UBTV 2 version and then got the 3? Any difference in terms streaming? I see they do an upgrade program (+money) on their site, if its not worth it then I'll pass.


  5. #855

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    NT
    Posts
    3,937
    Quote Originally Posted by Proplus
    Has anyone had the UBTV 2 version and then got the 3? Any difference in terms streaming? I see they do an upgrade program (+money) on their site, if its not worth it then I'll pass.
    I had the V2 and got the V3 as I gave my V2 to my sister in law, for my 30 mbps line I felt the 3 streaming was better and with no TV setting changes I felt the 3 gave off a better visual quality.
    Skyhook and Proplus like this.

  6. #856

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    a sunny un spoilt paradise
    Posts
    6,862

    I did similar to Chuckster.

    As I take our UBTV box with us when we are out of Hong Kong, I gave my V2 box to my Aunt in Paris, and bought the v3 when we got back in Hong Kong.

    Noticed that the V3 runs nice, not as clunky when moving between screens compared to v2.


  7. #857
    bdw
    bdw is online now

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    5,301
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyhook
    What would be great, if UBTV could stream the Australian free to air TV channels like they do for many other countries, UK, Japan, Hong Kong, India, Arabia, Vietnam etc eliminating any need for a vpn etc as they already get around it.

    I'd be so happy if they provided Australian
    ( Melbourne or sydney) channels 2, SBS, 7,9 and 10
    You can try this app called "Freeview FV" to watch about 20 free to air Australian channels. You'll need to search for the APK and install it manually as you will not find it on the google play store when in Hong Kong. You also need a smartDNS on your home network and I use dns4me for about AU$3 per month.

    There is also a kodi plugin for getting most of the same channels on a UBTV box using the UBTV remote. I use this quite a lot.

    Just a tip mate, better to watch the Perth channels rather than Melbourne or Sydney as its the same time zone as Hong Kong. eg I watch Sunrise on 7 before going to work this morning and its the same time and not watching whatever is 3 hours ahead in Melbourne.

    Name:  fv1.jpg
Views: 3460
Size:  131.1 KB

    Name:  fv2.jpg
Views: 3439
Size:  139.0 KB
    Skyhook likes this.

  8. #858

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    a sunny un spoilt paradise
    Posts
    6,862
    Quote Originally Posted by bdw
    You can try this app called "Freeview FV" to watch about 20 free to air Australian channels. You'll need to search for the APK and install it manually as you will not find it on the google play store when in Hong Kong. You also need a smartDNS on your home network and I use dns4me for about AU$3 per month.



    There is also a kodi plugin for getting most of the same channels on a UBTV box using the UBTV remote. I use this quite a lot.

    Just a tip mate, better to watch the Perth channels rather than Melbourne or Sydney as its the same time zone as Hong Kong. eg I watch Sunrise on 7 before going to work this morning and its the same time and not watching whatever is 3 hours ahead in Melbourne.



    Awesome, great advice BDW, thanks very much. will give this a go over the week end.

  9. #859

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    4,613
    Quote Originally Posted by bdw
    There is also a kodi plugin for getting most of the same channels on a UBTV box using the UBTV remote. I use this quite a lot.
    Whats the plugin called bdw?

  10. #860
    bdw
    bdw is online now

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    5,301
    Quote Originally Posted by emx
    Whats the plugin called bdw?
    There is a kodi plugin called "MX Australian live TV". I think version 1.0.9 latest at the moment. It allows you to choose all the 7 and 9 channels from every Australian state. It also has the news24 channel and a couple of others.

    Also for Windows 10 and xbox, there is an app called Aussie TV FTW! that has most of the Australian channels too.

    Both methods require a smartDNS of some kind.

    With the AFL season about to get underway, I'm interested to see what Seven is doing this year. Last year they had TV rights but the streaming rights were with Telstra, so Seven blacked out their internet streams (actually they showed re-runs of border security) during live AFL matches. This year I believe they have some stupid "7 inch rule" which means you can watch the games live streaming through internet but on a screen no larger than 7 inches. If you try to watch on a 55 inch TV, you will have massive black borders around the screen and a tiny 7 inch picture in the middle of the TV. Some people were complaining thinking its a technical fault but actually this is the way the seven network have designed it.
    emx and Skyhook like this.

Closed Thread
Page 86 of 100 FirstFirst ... 78 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 94 ... LastLast