Like Tree207Likes

UBTV & IPTV Smartboxes - FAQs and Reviews

Closed Thread
Page 87 of 100 FirstFirst ... 79 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 95 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by chuckster007
    I had the V2 and got the V3 as I gave my V2 to my sister in law, for my 30 mbps line I felt the 3 streaming was better and with no TV setting changes I felt the 3 gave off a better visual quality.
    Thanks for this, now just wondering if it will be at least a 10% performance increase with my 6Mb line. Oh well, its only $680, so I might give it a whirl.

came across this on facebook today. $1300, but wonder if its more reliable than the Ubox.

Home - Zoomtak Hong Kong

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Mundo
    came across this on facebook today. $1300, but wonder if its more reliable than the Ubox.

Home - Zoomtak Hong Kong
    I haven't got a ubox, but from reading this thread, I get the impression that where ubox excels is its own app for streaming various liveTV shows and the fact you can add any other android app to it (like kodi). This Zoomtak just seems to be a regular kodi wrapper with a bunch of tv shows and movies loaded on a server somewhere.
    bdw, Eddy Mundo and Windmill65 like this.

bdw

Yeah I was just going to say the same as pin, and I have a ubox. This zoomtak looks like a scam to me. $1300 for an android box that doesnt appear to have anything that the cheapest android box for a fraction of the price already has. It appears to be relying on kodi which is free and nothing special. the most interesting thing about this zoomtak is it has a clock on the front.

Eddy Mundo likes this.

Which shop/vender is everyone getting their UBTV version 3 from these days?

Price is $680?

Quote Originally Posted by emx
    Which shop/vender is everyone getting their UBTV version 3 from these days?

Price is $680?
    most of the places in Wan Chai Computer Centre sell it. It now comes with 16GB storage compared to the 4GB on mine (maybe worth checking with the vendor that you're getting the extra memory)
    emx likes this.

bdw

I haven't looked at them in a while but as far as I know there is a black one that is lower end with less memory, runs android 4 in the back end, cost $5XX, and a white one with more memory, Android 5, cost $6XX. They both have ubox3 printed on the front but the white one definitely better, I think has the model name S900 printed on the bottom. I'd go for the higher model if you want to put your own apps and other things on it, some other apps might not support android 4 anymore.

$680 ?? wow nice price, I think I paid around $730 for mine in Hang Hau, couldnt be arsed to go to WC or SSp computer centre to save $50

Quote Originally Posted by chuckster007
    $680 ?? wow nice price, I think I paid around $730 for mine in Hang Hau, couldnt be arsed to go to WC or SSp computer centre to save $50
    Where in Hang Hau did you get your inbox from, I usually by mine for family and friends in ssp, hang hau would be a lot less hassle for me in the future.

tia

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhook
    Where in Hang Hau did you get your inbox from, I usually by mine for family and friends in ssp, hang hau would be a lot less hassle for me in the future.

tia
    Nan Fung Plaza 1st floor just past Cafe De Coral is a small Accessories shop that sells all kinds of battery packs, mobile phone accessories, tv boxes etc
    Skyhook likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 87 of 100 FirstFirst ... 79 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 95 ... LastLast