Closed Thread
Page 90 of 100 FirstFirst ... 82 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 98 ... LastLast
Like Tree207Likes

UBTV & IPTV Smartboxes - FAQs and Reviews

  1. #891

    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    180
    Quote Originally Posted by merchantms
    Another dumb question - I don't seem to be able to operate Kodi with the remote control. Not sure how to fix this.
    A solution is to plug a USB mouse into the UBTV box. You can either use a mouse with a cable and USB connector, or a wireless mouse which has a small USB dongle.
    Skyhook and merchantms like this.

  2. #892

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    5

    Hi All,

    I am completely new on this thing (and this forum also ) and hope you can help me to understand how it works, and if there is anything to pay to watch all channels. We were in WCC yesterday, and try to find a box where we can watch some western channels. We were very impressed that a lot of contents and many channels each boxes have, but we are completely lost which one is the best, stable and free for watching. A several shop proposed us the UBTV (3rd Gen) or the BOSS TV, but the speech between each others are completely different. So I would like to have your review/feedback on these 2 TV Boxes.
    - All channels are really free? Some shop told us that the channels will be free for watching for 1 year and then we have to pay an annual fees.
    - From my understanding, boxes will stream the content based on server (located where?). Both boxes are stable? Some shops told us that the BOSS TV is more stable compare to the UBTV (when I went on posts, I saw no one has the BOSS TV yet).
    - Are you satisfied to use UBTV? Have you met some issues since you bought it? How works the update of the software or channels? is it automatically?

    Thanks in advance for your help and clarification!


  3. #893

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    14,195

    Mike

    UnBlock and Boss TV are not subscription based, You buy the box and it's free for life.

    Boss TV is still new thus not enough of a large customer base yet.

    I'm actually going to SSP this afternoon to compare Boss TV and EV Pad , I already have an UnBlock version 1 and the UnBlock tablet and Small Seven Tablet which are fine.

    Updates are automatic, It'll ask you to reboot once it's done.


  4. #894

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    11

    Does anyone have an opinion on Minix Neo U9-H?

    Apparently it uses Kodi to stream free hd movies? I am about to buy it but would like to see whether anyone has any negative (or positive) opinions.


  5. #895

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo
    Mike

    UnBlock and Boss TV are not subscription based, You buy the box and it's free for life.

    Boss TV is still new thus not enough of a large customer base yet.

    I'm actually going to SSP this afternoon to compare Boss TV and EV Pad , I already have an UnBlock version 1 and the UnBlock tablet and Small Seven Tablet which are fine.

    Updates are automatic, It'll ask you to reboot once it's done.
    Hi jimbo,

    Thanks for your prompt replied and It is good to know that there is no annual fees .

    Interesting for the BOSS TV. Please let us know what do you think about this box as it's still new. I am still thinking which one I will buy it .

  6. #896

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo
    Mike

    UnBlock and Boss TV are not subscription based, You buy the box and it's free for life.

    Boss TV is still new thus not enough of a large customer base yet.

    I'm actually going to SSP this afternoon to compare Boss TV and EV Pad , I already have an UnBlock version 1 and the UnBlock tablet and Small Seven Tablet which are fine.

    Updates are automatic, It'll ask you to reboot once it's done.
    Hi jumbo,

    Forgot to ask you one thing. Is the user interface can be switch in English for the UBTV? The guy from the shop told us that the UI cannot be changed to English and remain in Chinese. Maybe there is a way to switch to in English

    Thanks a lot!

  7. #897

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    14,195
    Quote Originally Posted by mikzequick
    Hi jumbo,

    Forgot to ask you one thing. Is the user interface can be switch in English for the UBTV? The guy from the shop told us that the UI cannot be changed to English and remain in Chinese. Maybe there is a way to switch to in English

    Thanks a lot!
    The box can be switched to English however the apps can't, as they're not made by the people from UnBlock.
    Generally you don't need it anyway as it's pretty much self explanatory

  8. #898

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    14,195
    Quote Originally Posted by mikzequick
    Hi jimbo,

    Thanks for your prompt replied and It is good to know that there is no annual fees .

    Interesting for the BOSS TV. Please let us know what do you think about this box as it's still new. I am still thinking which one I will buy it .
    Just bought the Boss TV

    Interface etc is easy.

    One year free subscription, Not known how they'll renew it when the year is up yet.

    Might just be a question of downloading a new app from the play store.

  9. #899

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo
    Just bought the Boss TV

    Interface etc is easy.

    One year free subscription, Not known how they'll renew it when the year is up yet.

    Might just be a question of downloading a new app from the play store.
    Thanks jimbo! Hum ok for the year subscription, interesting to know...I think I am going for the UBTV as most of you guys have already a good feedback on it!

  10. #900

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    NT
    Posts
    3,940
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyhook
    Awesome thanks Chuckster
    Yo Skyhook forgot about the nan fung shop, that greedy fecker is charging HK$790 per box, probably due to the popularity. I found the same box selling in Metro City Plaza II in Po Lam for Hk$690.

    shop name: Digital Home, its on UG level next to the large Park N Shop

    Metro City Plaza II & III

Closed Thread
Page 90 of 100 FirstFirst ... 82 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 98 ... LastLast