Closed Thread
Page 96 of 100 FirstFirst ... 88 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 ... LastLast
Like Tree207Likes

UBTV & IPTV Smartboxes - FAQs and Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by sallecc
    Just to share info about pricing & location - last nigh I bought UBTV4 in WanChai 298 centre "Red Dragon" shop for 799hkd (other shops quoted $780-890), friendly seller lady let me try both UBTV4 and BossTV (850$) and she said if I don't like UBTV4 I can replace it with BossTV within 7 days :-).
    Thats great pricing, in Tsueng Kwan O area i saw it for HK899, I managed to find HK$830 last week so i got two in Chai Wan.

Just to share info about pricing & location - last nigh I bought UBTV4 in WanChai 298 centre "Red Dragon" shop for 799hkd (other shops quoted $780-890), friendly seller lady let me try both UBTV4 and BossTV (850$) and she said if I don't like UBTV4 I can replace it with BossTV within 7 days :-)

I got UBTV4 since she said it has more foreign channels and BossTV more HK channels... I follow PL and I saw UBTV4 had Sky & BT (maybe Boss has too), but I noticed BossTV has LeTV/NOW channels (UBTV don't)... Picture was not so clear & sharp (maybe I expected too much), she said it's better on faster internet.

Well on my PCCW/1000MB picture still not so clear & sharp (again, maybe I expected too much, since they advertise it as 1080p, 4k and whatnot...), let's say it's in the range of Yify 720p rips (if you follow BitTorrents).

Another thing which didn't impress me is that some of favorite channels are not working (some BT Sport, SkySports, and other channels) - I'll get back soon with detailed list to compare with fellow UBTV-ers here ;-)

Anyway it's fun & cheap... I'll lower my expectations for video quality, and hope all Sky & BT etc. will be back.
    Yeah you are expecting too much! I follow mostly the football also and tennis and F1 and generally the feeds from Sky Sports is ok 80% of the time.... You will never get a crystal clear HD stream in real time like on a paid cable feed, so it's always going to be below that. Sky Sports on the countdown to a big EPL game the signal will be fine, but once the game starts it might buffer and loop and you just got to bear with it and it will eventually catch itself up. BT Sport 1 and 2 and all the Sky Sports generally work, if it doesn't then come back a few hours later and it should be back on. But you will always get looping and buffering. When a EPL game is on you can surf the other channels like BEIN Sports and Guangzhou sports, the commentary won't be in English but it might not loop and buffer on these channels. Generally the games will be 5 minutes behind the real time.

When you're looking at the demo in the shop off course the guy showing you will scroll thru all the channels and stop at Sky Sports and you see it will work, but he's only on there for about 20 seconds and will scroll again!! And also they might have a really super fast fibre optic internet connection to the building so don't believe what you see in the shop!

I have the Gen 3 box and it's served me well for a year .... no point to get the Gen 4.

Quote Originally Posted by NAMBLA
    Yeah you are expecting too much! I follow mostly the football also and tennis and F1 and generally the feeds from Sky Sports is ok 80% of the time.... You will never get a crystal clear HD stream in real time like on a paid cable feed, so it's always going to be below that. Sky Sports on the countdown to a big EPL game the signal will be fine, but once the game starts it might buffer and loop and you just got to bear with it and it will eventually catch itself up. BT Sport 1 and 2 and all the Sky Sports generally work, if it doesn't then come back a few hours later and it should be back on. But you will always get looping and buffering. When a EPL game is on you can surf the other channels like BEIN Sports and Guangzhou sports, the commentary won't be in English but it might not loop and buffer on these channels. Generally the games will be 5 minutes behind the real time.

When you're looking at the demo in the shop off course the guy showing you will scroll thru all the channels and stop at Sky Sports and you see it will work, but he's only on there for about 20 seconds and will scroll again!! And also they might have a really super fast fibre optic internet connection to the building so don't believe what you see in the shop!

I have the Gen 3 box and it's served me well for a year .... no point to get the Gen 4.
    You're right... all Sky Sports and BT sport were back, just in time before Champions League games ;-)

I'm new to UBTV, just bought the box. What's the most stable way to watch live EPL games?

On Sunday, using the UBTV app I tried Sky Sports 1-5 and could only get Sky Sports 5 working intermittently.

I have a 500MB fibre line.

Should I be using another app?

Also when trying to open the settings on the UBTV (version 4) it asks for a password. Any ideas?

Thanks... Apologies if this has been covered already but it's difficult to wade through a 96 page thread!

Quote Originally Posted by mrdollars
    I'm new to UBTV, just bought the box. What's the most stable way to watch live EPL games?

On Sunday, using the UBTV app I tried Sky Sports 1-5 and could only get Sky Sports 5 working intermittently.

Also when trying to open the settings on the UBTV (version 4) it asks for a password. Any ideas?

Thanks... Apologies if this has been covered already but it's difficult to wade through a 96 page thread!
    The UBTV app doesn't seem to have been updated with the new Sky Sports channel arrangements (e.g. it's not 1-5 anymore, it's "Main Event" "Action" "Golf" etc). Still seems to work ok-ish for Sky Sports F1 though.

I tend to use Mobdro for streaming sports. I used to use an App called UKTV Now or something like that, but they released an update and I can't be arsed to install it!!

Don't know if it the same for football (I don't watch it) but with the F1 I find I get better/stable feeds with the foreign networks that use the Sky Sports feed (e.g. TSN [Canada] and Fox Sports [Asia/Aus])
    mrdollars likes this.

Thanks for the reply.

Do you use Mobdro for most live tv? Seems to have the best selection of English language channels.

Also, I'm wondering if I can delete a lot of the apps that come pre-installed seems very cluttered and confusing. I just need to know which ones to keep!

Quote Originally Posted by mrdollars

Sometimes the servers of some channels are clogged up with connections, so they don't stream or stutter. On Champions League and Europa League nights I tend to watch BT Sports 1 as they switch between all the games that are going on, showing highlights.

The password is IIRC: 12345, but there's not much in there apart from the server path, which I recommend you do not touch. The other password when you scroll left of the channel menus is for accessing 'adult' channels.

Sky Sports 1 (where most of the football is on) tends to 50/50 for me, some nights its fine, other nights it stutters badly. If it is unwatchable, I switch to the Chinese channel above BT Sports 1, which always streams well but the commentary is in Mandarin, so I put the volume down.

Sky F1 is offline the whole week, and Suzuka is coming... Anybody has it working? How about BossTV owners? I can get the race few hours later on torrent (1080p), but missing weekly built-up on Sky F1 :-(

Sky F1 is offline the whole week, and Suzuka is coming... Anybody has it working? How about BossTV owners? I can get the race few hours later on torrent (1080p), but missing weekly built-up on Sky F1 :-(
    Normally Quali and Race are shown live on either TSN4 or TSN5 which is exactly the same as the Sky F1 feed (i.e. same pre race programs and race commentary from Brundle/Crofty etc)... only problem is during the race they run advert breaks in splitscreen (i.e. you can still see the race, but no commentary).

I find that the earlier you connect to the channel, the less choppy the feed is, so I normally connect to the stream on the Ubox an hour or so before the track parade program...
    sallecc likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Firemin
    Normally Quali and Race are shown live on either TSN4 or TSN5 which is exactly the same as the Sky F1 feed (i.e. same pre race programs and race commentary from Brundle/Crofty etc)... only problem is during the race they run advert breaks in splitscreen (i.e. you can still see the race, but no commentary).

I find that the earlier you connect to the channel, the less choppy the feed is, so I normally connect to the stream on the Ubox an hour or so before the track parade program...
    Thanks, useful info! Sky-F1 is definitely out, then? (it worked only day or two in past few weeks) What a pity, nothing beats dedicated channel 24/7, and build-up whole week before the race... Any BossTV guys here (or other app users on UBTV)?

Closed Thread
Page 96 of 100 FirstFirst ... 88 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 ... LastLast