Like Tree201Likes

UBTV & IPTV Smartboxes - FAQs and Reviews

u cant add ubtv app to another android box, you wont be able to see anything as your box wont be recognized by their servers.

ycchai likes this.

I have Roku Ultra 4.
    Can I install Google Chrome browser into my Roku? Will I be able to get my Google account Chrome bookmarks to execute in my Roku?
    Also, when I use my Android moblie phone running Chrome browser, can I CAST the Chrome video streaming to my TV with Unblock Set Top Box?
    Thank you

For any Ubtv owners, have you been able to upgrade the software? There is an upgrade app with local and network upgrade but network upgrade always yields a message saying unable to reach network. Is this typical of a low cost android device, ie never expect any updates.

Thankd

Quote Originally Posted by leeh97
    For any Ubtv owners, have you been able to upgrade the software? There is an upgrade app with local and network upgrade but network upgrade always yields a message saying unable to reach network. Is this typical of a low cost android device, ie never expect any updates.

Thankd
    IIRC, there were updates in the past, can't remember if I had to click anything or it was auto-updated. The one time I knew it updated was when the UBTV app splash screen was in a totally different colour/style.

Ive never had to manually update my UBTV box. Ive even tried to update it manually and that never worked LOL

My friend is having trouble using ubox on the broadband from 3hk.
    He said the live tv, especially Japanese tv, would be stuttering, sometimes even get stuck.
    I checked that my ubox seems ok at the same time when he said he couldn't watch.
    Has anyone experienced the same?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by chuliu
    My friend is having trouble using ubox on the broadband from 3hk.
    He said the live tv, especially Japanese tv, would be stuttering, sometimes even get stuck.
    I checked that my ubox seems ok at the same time when he said he couldn't watch.
    Has anyone experienced the same?

Thanks.
    I am not located in HK. However, also here are the Japanese channels often stuttering. Especially during the Japanese evening hour shows, and even more so during the weekends. This is a well-known issue and already happening for multiple years. My guess would be that Unblock has not enough server capacity installed to serve all Japanese people that use such a box.
    chuliu likes this.