Like Tree24Likes

Unotelly

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

Downloaded the Unotelly app, thinking it would assist. It only left me more confused. *sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by Claire ex-ax:
    Downloaded the Unotelly app, thinking it would assist. It only left me more confused. *sigh*
    I think the app only helps you update your main settings, rather than getting it to work on your mobile device. Confusing, yes, agreed.

Watching Midsommer Murders via the ITV Hub app via Unotelly.

Not HD but okay. *thumbs up*

OK so I managed to test unotelly last night and it works great in combination with my unblock box running TVMC. Now some of the plugins that previously did not work on TVMC due to geo restrictions are working great. In particular, Australian TV such as Plus7, TenPlay, NineJump.

Also just a heads up for Australians, since last month the 7 network now stream all their live channels (7, 7Two, 7Mate) online at 7 Live. You can even choose your state such as NSW, Vic, QLD, WA and it plays the local 7 station from your city. But it wont work in HK without something like unotelly. I tested last night and works great, but quality only SD and not the best. They also have an android app and samsung TV app, so I now have channel 7 on my unblock box and can watch TV as if I am back in Perth.

Also for Australians, Foxtel have Foxtel Go which is free for everyone that has a Foxtel subscription in Australia and you can have 3 devices at a time running and watching exactly the same channels you watch on foxtel at home. Unotelly also claims to support this, I will test it as well when I get a chance. My parents in Aus have foxtel and they are using it on two mobile devices already in Australia so I should be able to nick the last one and then watch whatever channels they subscribe to back in Aus. Foxtel Go also has an android app so agan I can chuck this on my unblock box and watch on TV with remote, not sitting on a laptop.

ilee81, shri, Claire ex-ax and 1 others like this.

Mamba

And this is how the internet of things will get us.

Quote Originally Posted by bdw:
    OK so I managed to test unotelly last night and it works great in combination with my unblock box running TVMC. Now some of the plugins that previously did not work on TVMC due to geo restrictions are working great. In particular, Australian TV such as Plus7, TenPlay, NineJump.

Also just a heads up for Australians, since last month the 7 network now stream all their live channels (7, 7Two, 7Mate) online at 7 Live. You can even choose your state such as NSW, Vic, QLD, WA and it plays the local 7 station from your city. But it wont work in HK without something like unotelly. I tested last night and works great, but quality only SD and not the best. They also have an android app and samsung TV app, so I now have channel 7 on my unblock box and can watch TV as if I am back in Perth.

Also for Australians, Foxtel have Foxtel Go which is free for everyone that has a Foxtel subscription in Australia and you can have 3 devices at a time running and watching exactly the same channels you watch on foxtel at home. Unotelly also claims to support this, I will test it as well when I get a chance. My parents in Aus have foxtel and they are using it on two mobile devices already in Australia so I should be able to nick the last one and then watch whatever channels they subscribe to back in Aus. Foxtel Go also has an android app so agan I can chuck this on my unblock box and watch on TV with remote, not sitting on a laptop.
    We will give Unotelly a workout over the weekend and decide then whether to pay for the service.

I've put the BBC/ITV/All 4 apps on the old iPad, but are they any others are free to use (if Apple store 'bypassed')?

Quote Originally Posted by Claire ex-ax:
    We will give Unotelly a workout over the weekend and decide then whether to pay for the service.
    Just remember the Black Friday sale ends on 4th. I think I will go ahead and purchase, especially if I can get Foxtel working nicely on my unblock box.
    Claire ex-ax likes this.

Just remember the Black Friday sale ends on 4th. I think I will go ahead and purchase, especially if I can get Foxtel working nicely on my unblock box.
    Thanks, didn't realise the 4th was the last day. You going for the standard or gold?

The standard for $3 a month is fine I think. The gold one adds a VPN service but that's not needed for the 300+ channels they advertise on their site. The VPN is only for advanced functions and encryption.

The standard for $3 a month is fine I think. The gold one adds a VPN service but that's not needed for the 300+ channels they advertise on their site. The VPN is only for advanced functions and encryption.
    The Gold one is $2.97 pm if purchased for the year. But whichever one we go for, as we're staying in Hong Kong this Christmas/New Year for a change, at least we'll a bit of telly to watch, as El Maige is still up in the air.