Like Tree115Likes

Netflix Hong Kong - NOW LIVE!

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 10 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by theflyingbeagle:
    I have been using netflix for a year now with a UK subscription and smart DNS. Recently I upgraded to apple TV4 and have been able to use the netflix app on apple TV with smart DNS, works perfectly. Additionally, using Smart DNS, I have been able to use the BBC iplayer app on the new apple TV - also works perfectly. No buffering on either service. I use unotelly smart DNS which costs me 28USD per year. I have a smart samsung TV so will see if I can use the netflix app on the TV and let you know.
    Same here. Have US netflix, Hulu, BBC & other Brit channel players and works all seamlessly on my samsung smart tv or via Apple tv 4 although the BBC iplayer isnt installed on that but not bothered as have it already on the samsung tv. Using a smart DNS and a poxy village internet line of 4mbs. Not going to even bother with netflix hk as the content wont be any where near as good as US.
    theflyingbeagle and Cho-man like this.

Quote Originally Posted by dossier:
    Why not just get a Google Chromecast 2.0 HDMI dongle and stick into the TV?
    google chromecast is decent, but never as convenient as native tv support as you sometimes want to use a tv remote than messing with your phone

i presume people with sony and sharp smart tv (android ) will have the netflix app immediate on google play ( as they use the android tv platform

if the case, hulu or amazon tv be release, then same again, the app will be enabled in hk

Original Post Deleted
    probably not, samsung uses tizen os, you need the tizen app version of bbc iplayer, if your lucky, you may find it

but the android based apk files should be a lot easier to find and i know that people have side load/installed apk on sony and sharp tv , ie, emulators in the form of apk files

https://www.google.com.hk/webhp?sour...0iplayer%20apk

a quick search on google for iplayer apk

BBC iPlayer - Showing Website Only - SamyGO

"Tizen-based Samsung TV doesn't support direct install of package file."

you can't side load and install tizen files on samsung tv according to the forum
    Last edited by imparanoic; 07-01-2016 at 10:36 AM.

Original Post Deleted
    I got my samsung TV from the store in IFC. It has the netflix, Hulu, BBC iplayer, channel 4 and ITV in the app menu. I just press the app button on my remote then select which ever app I want to watch. I use unlocator for smart DNS and on their site it tells you how to enter the details on the samsung TV. Basically the smart DNS knows when you want to change by simply selecting the app. If I go netflix from TV it changes automatically to US ip. BBC it goes straight to UK ip. very simple and just what my wife wanted. one button select on TV remote, no pissing around with any other remotes or computers etc.
    theflyingbeagle likes this.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

What is actually available on Netflix HK? We're not big movie watchers, but would like to see some classics. Is it US-centric?

BBC Iplayer works fine on Samsung TV which was bought in HK and installed the app in HK. Also you can see ITV, Channel 4 and Netflix app amongst others in the menu.

Last edited by Trance Omega; 07-01-2016 at 10:46 AM.
    TheBrit and emx like this.

Original Post Deleted
    AV life I think its called. The one with the big ass TV on display on the upper floor around the corner from apple.
    TheBrit likes this.

nope. I just installed straight from their version of the app store. Although I cant remember if I installed it before putting unlocator details in. It was a good few months ago.

TheBrit likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 10 ... LastLast