Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By michael_j

HTC Vive

Closed Thread
  1. #1

    HTC Vive

    Thoughts? Seems like HK finally has it lol I was pretty interested before but now I don't know lol


  2. #2

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    11,711
    Quote Originally Posted by michael_j:
    Thoughts? Seems like HK finally has it lol I was pretty interested before but now I don't know lol
    expensive, more importantly, i rather wait and see which of oculus rift, ps vr or vive is market leader as you don't want to be buying a white elephant

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic:
    expensive, more importantly, i rather wait and see which of oculus rift, ps vr or vive is market leader as you don't want to be buying a white elephant
    True that
    I'm actually waiting for the Playstation one as well, but so far seems like they still haven't developed tons of game or something
    Vive seems like a cool device for gaming(tho people tends to look a bit silly while using it lol)
    Gotta look for a showroom or something to try it on
    imparanoic likes this.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    157

    Do you have a good powerful PC? Oculus and vive need one. If you do then next question is do you have space to move around? While Oculus is a mostly stationary experience, the vive has room sensors and designed for you to walk around a bit.

    Myself, I'm waiting for PSVR. The new ps4k system will be out at the same time as the PSVR and I will decide based on games at that time if I will pick both up. Supposed to have 50+ games by Dec...we'll see. But with 200 developers lined up working on games it has potential. But I'm not buying till they are a reality.


  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Tongbaos:
    Do you have a good powerful PC? Oculus and vive need one. If you do then next question is do you have space to move around? While Oculus is a mostly stationary experience, the vive has room sensors and designed for you to walk around a bit.

    Myself, I'm waiting for PSVR. The new ps4k system will be out at the same time as the PSVR and I will decide based on games at that time if I will pick both up. Supposed to have 50+ games by Dec...we'll see. But with 200 developers lined up working on games it has potential. But I'm not buying till they are a reality.
    I'm not that concern about the space, but yea, if the PC is good enough, I'm pretty confident about mine, but Vive might need something better
    There''s a salesperson that I'm pretty close with actually quote me something about like, gaming PC+Vive package thing
    Cheapest one is still 20K(Vive itself is like 8K)
    So I'm still thinking about it, will do more research on PC
    Also, true that I can foresee the PSVR+PS4K system should be a hit in the future, I mean 4K is getting more common and Sony PS itself is manufacturing gaming console/Game

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    95

    Did anyone get the HTC Vive?

    I got my PSVR on 31 Dec and i sold it on 13 Jan.

    After experiencing PSVR, i just feel that HTC Vive might have more games to play.