Like Tree4Likes

DVR advice needed

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

DVR advice needed

I want to buy a DVR which is capable of recording HDMI and also Composite Video. Digital TV tuner would be preferred but not essential. I then want to be able to transfer the video to a computer via USB or HDD. Can anyone recommend a device? I assume there will be something in SSP but I went to Golden Computer Center and the staff were mostly unhelpful.

Thanks!

I would be interested too.

Would love to be able to record via hdmi off my unblock tv to a dvr with 1tb of space,and the ability to pop files in avi or mp4 format or a choice of formats onto a usb chip.

What's the best/easy solution ?

You can consider magic TV, see below:

Magic TV™ MTV8000D

I use it for NOW TV. The problem with this unit is the recorded file can only be played back on this device (or another magic TV), i dont think you can play it on a PC. if thats not a limitation for you then it should be perfect, but also quite expensive.

dave_van_damn likes this.

Thanks yeah I saw that one in Broadway but I'm looking for something which can transfer to PC.

Skyhook likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by dave_van_damn:
    I want to buy a DVR which is capable of recording HDMI and also Composite Video. Digital TV tuner would be preferred but not essential. I then want to be able to transfer the video to a computer via USB or HDD. Can anyone recommend a device? I assume there will be something in SSP but I went to Golden Computer Center and the staff were mostly unhelpful.

Thanks!
    I think you need to go to ssp, ask a shop to custom built you a micro atx ( very small and thin pc) with hdmi in and hdmi, cd/dvd recorder, sd card and usb

this can be as small DVR recorder, but has the mod cons for recording anything (including vinyl via mm/mc phono stage to usb), ilink, etc, even get a DMBT tuner card to record hk tv to your hdd/sd card

hdmi to your TV, and even bluetooth to your phone/tablet, this will solve all of your problems

can be as little as HK$3000
    shri likes this.

Could go also for the cheap route of getting a raspberry pi and hook a usb TV tuner and any external hard drive to it. Ta-da, homemade DVR on the cheap (the hard drive or the USB tuner would be the priciest part).

dave_van_damn likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic:
    I think you need to go to ssp, ask a shop to custom built you a micro atx ( very small and thin pc) with hdmi in and hdmi, cd/dvd recorder, sd card and usb

this can be as small DVR recorder, but has the mod cons for recording anything (including vinyl via mm/mc phono stage to usb), ilink, etc, even get a DMBT tuner card to record hk tv to your hdd/sd card

hdmi to your TV, and even bluetooth to your phone/tablet, this will solve all of your problems

can be as little as HK$3000
    That sounds great but a bit outside my budget.

I'll investigate the Raspberry Pi route!

That sounds great but a bit outside my budget.

I'll investigate the Raspberry Pi route!
    can be as cheap as HK$2000

get less powerful components, ie, i3, 4gb ram,etc

Plug a usb tv tuner into your pc, u can record tv program directly to your harddisk. It is around $300 -

電視調諧器分類及價格 - 香港格價網 Price.com.hk

Thanks!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast