View Poll Results: What did you do with your Maige box?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Threw it away/recycled it

1 9.09%
  • Hanging on to it just in case

7 63.64%
  • Using it as an expensive coaster

1 9.09%
  • Other (explain yourself!)

2 18.18%
Like Tree12Likes

Maige box - What did you do with yours?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by justjoe86:
    First thing I will do when I get back to HK is video myself smashing the thing up with a hammer
    'Sounds like a homage to Office Space (uncensored video below of the printer scene)

https://youtu.be/N9wsjroVlu8
    kkrazy and shri like this.

My MaigeTV boxes are preventing the space below it from catching dust!

shri, Claire ex-ax and CyberMew like this.

Quote Originally Posted by huja:
    'Sounds like a homage to Office Space (uncensored video below of the printer scene)
    You mean there is a censored version?

Got rid of mine, and doing new things with Nvideas Shield.

vmlinuz likes this.

I think I'm going to revive the box this weekend and see if it is one of those things where I can install something like XBMC / Kodi etc. From what I've read, it is a vanilla android box.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    I think I'm going to revive the box this weekend and see if it is one of those things where I can install something like XBMC / Kodi etc. From what I've read, it is a vanilla android box.
    I heard it's Linux but let us know how you get on! Would be willing to try it myself although I already have Kodi on my Smart Android TV which works pretty well

I think you're right - could be linux if my memory serves me right. LeTV is android.

The maige is definitely not android and you'd probably waste a good weekend and be in the shit with the wife etc messing around trying to revive it for nothing.

I notice the unblock box is now $550 for the standard 8GB black version, or $650 for the pro 16GB white version, runs android so you can chuck whatever you want on it as well as get the proprietary UBTV app that has 1000+ channels which for me is generally pretty good and gives me the best of both worlds in terms of live channels and kodi etc. Another option would be the Small Seven box which has an app that has the same interface as the UBTV app but the live channels are different so must be connecting to a different back end server.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

Okay, we've thrown it out.

Sod's Law tells us that Maige will now arise again from the ashes in 3... 2...

shri likes this.