Like Tree46Likes

The Grand Tour launch date.

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

The last 3 episodes have been pretty good, quite enjoyable viewing.

I think as the new show evolves it will get better. The last few episodes have started to see the live part of the show relax a little and I think the reintroduction of Ben Collins in the near future will be a much welcomed 4th character to the shows dynamic.

Have to agree, this latest 2 part special made very enjoyable viewing, as a family, the beach buggy challenge had us all laughing, my kids thought it was an absolute hoot in parts, giggling away through various parts. Who knew that TGT would end up being one of my family's fave sit down tv shows that we can all enjoy together ?

Overall I have to say the show was a bit of a let down. There were sure some very good moments, and the Namibia special was great (apart from the poacher hunting segment, which I found very patronising).

Why do I think it was a let down, well the budget. From what I understand, these guys had a massive budget, a lot more than they had a Top Gear. For that, I was expecting something more speculator.

Maybe season 2 will be better, as they settle down.

They do need to get rid of The American and the celebrity segment though.

shri likes this.

This week's show will be fun for me, as the challenge involves mid to late 80's Maserati's! Having owned a silver 88 bi turbo and a red 90 222SR, in the past.
    https://youtu.be/uIY789Cc1ss

I'm really looking forward to watching this episode. Knowing from experience just how fragile and unreliable these cars were when they were reasonably new, just imagine how flaky they would be almost 3decades on, especially the electronic shock absorbers on the 222SR which disconnected the passenger side half of the car, intermittently on mine. lol.

Should be highly entertaining

Last edited by Skyhook; 18-01-2017 at 04:47 PM.

- I suspect their transport costs are through the roof and eating into the budgets?

Finally got done watching the last three episodes - seems like they've gotten their act together and back to the top gear formula that just worked for these guys.

Lets see if they stick with the formula over the next season or two.

Yep agree with you Shri, the last few episodes and especially the finale for series 1, the guys seem to have relaxed to their old selves.

Now if they can get rid of the American and the celebrity culling........ Hmmm

My family love this show as it is one of the few left that you can all watch together as a family. David Attenboroughs Earth II and Neil Tysons Cosmos have been awesome also.

shri likes this.

The new series of Top Gear which started on Sunday seems to be a bit bland, but at least its not the mess it was last year.

Quote Originally Posted by emx:
    The new series of Top Gear which started on Sunday seems to be a bit bland, but at least its not the mess it was last year.
    Hopefully the chemistry will build between the presenters. Joey seems overly scripted and the other two a little forced. But many times better than the Zany Evans effort.

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast