Selling my letv box

Closed Thread

Selling my letv box

Can anyone tell me if the LETV box that came with my internet subscription can be used and activated independent from my registered account. I have this brand new box which i haven't opened so I can't read the activation instructions. I want to make sure the buyer does not have access to any of my personal account information once the product changes hands.

It's a 4k box with a 12 month free subscription.

Is this the HKBN one?

If I recall correctly, it is connected to my broadband billing. Not sure how.. if it was it is wired into the box or if it is wired into the card with the subcription code.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Is this the HKBN one?

If I recall correctly, it is connected to my broadband billing. Not sure how.. if it was it is wired into the box or if it is wired into the card with the subcription code.
    Im pretty sure its not linked to your HKBN account. The subscription comes from the 12 month card they give you. Renewal of TV subscription is by credit card, not charge-back to your HKBN account.

VERY, very, very good chance I'm wrong.

I think I'm confusing the HKBN billing with LeTV - had to add some EPL package or something or the other for my son and not sure what site I did it on.

Quote Originally Posted by big_panda:
    Im pretty sure its not linked to your HKBN account. The subscription comes from the 12 month card they give you. Renewal of TV subscription is by credit card, not charge-back to your HKBN account.
    Yes it came with a HKBN account. I think the Tvb box that came with the account is linked to the HKBN account because their guy brought it over during installation and I had to call them to have it activated. The LeTv box had to be picked up somewhere else a few weeks later. I've seen a few of these on the online classifieds which is what gave me the idea to sell it but I need to be sure I won't get billed for anything later on.