Like Tree5Likes

Recommendations for a new TV

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
  1. #11

    I bought a Sony 40 inch 700c as a general bargain tv. Its arounf 5500 in the Sony or Broadway type shops but if you go up to HD Life in Sham Shui Po you will get a TV a lot cheaper. I paid 3500 and couldn't be happier. Its quite basic but perfect for my needs.

    I specifically didn't want one with android or apps built in as I think these can sometimes slow the TV down.

    I've got it plugged into a Beelink GT1 android box which took 3 days to arrive from Gearbest.

    I use kodi to watch uk tv and tv shows and films. Really need to sort out aussie tv as I can only get channel 9 at present!


  2. #12

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    8,317
    Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyOldPom:
    Really need to sort out aussie tv as I can only get channel 9 at present!
    For Aussie TV, install the plugin below in Kodi. Version 1.09 currently. You can watch 7, 7Two, 7Mate, 7Flix, 9, Go, Gem, Life, and others from Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide, and Perth. About 50 channels in all. But I think you need a smart DNS. I use dns4me, cost around AU$4 per month.

    https://forums.tvaddons.ag/mx-reposi...a-live-tv.html
    GrumpyOldPom likes this.

  3. #13

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Ex Sai Kunger Sunny Qld for now
    Posts
    8,347
    Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyOldPom:
    I bought a Sony 40 inch 700c as a general bargain tv. Its arounf 5500 in the Sony or Broadway type shops but if you go up to HD Life in Sham Shui Po you will get a TV a lot cheaper. I paid 3500 and couldn't be happier. Its quite basic but perfect for my needs.

    I specifically didn't want one with android or apps built in as I think these can sometimes slow the TV down.

    I've got it plugged into a Beelink GT1 android box which took 3 days to arrive from Gearbest.

    I use kodi to watch uk tv and tv shows and films. Really need to sort out aussie tv as I can only get channel 9 at present!
    How are you watching GTV 9 without it geo blocking it?

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyhook:
    How are you watching GTV 9 without it geo blocking it?
    Presuming you mean channel 9 in australia.

    I have downloaded MX Australia Live TV add on to Kodi. It lists channel 7 as well but doesn't work. I get 9, gem and go.

  5. #15

    @bdw Thanks for the tip


  6. #16

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    8,317

    My understanding is that 7 and 9 originally both worked without Geoblocking. But then when the olympics were on 7 started geoblocking, but still works with a smart dns such as dns4me.