Like Tree15Likes

Nintendo Switch - Coming March 2017

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Creative83:
    It wasn't like I claimed they're dumb for not making a mobile phone. I'm simply not interested in overstepping into Nintendo's decision cause I didn't look at their drawing board for the pros and cons.

And to your other point, it's not all about market shares and profits. Nintendo loves to come out with new stuff - at times to their own detriment. I'm simply speaking to that part of them & the fact that their current Switch is not that portable.
    You've contradicted yourself - you say the Switch isn't that portable but according to you Nintendo loves to create new products at their "own detriment". Are you arguing for or against the Switch?

The problem is you're comparing the Switch to the 3DS, but if Nintendo were going for portability, it's pretty damn obvious they'd release another DS instead of the Switch.

The Switch is about offering a unified gaming experience for players who want the depth of a console experience anywhere they'd like without carrying the console, so yes, the Switch is still very portable in that sense. The Switch is bigger than a 3DS but is still smaller than a laptop so I don't know where your "not that portable" argument comes from.

Quote Originally Posted by rickyross:
    You've contradicted yourself - you say the Switch isn't that portable but according to you Nintendo loves to create new products at their "own detriment". Are you arguing for or against the Switch?

The problem is you're comparing the Switch to the 3DS, but if Nintendo were going for portability, it's pretty damn obvious they'd release another DS instead of the Switch.

The Switch is about offering a unified gaming experience for players who want the depth of a console experience anywhere they'd like without carrying the console, so yes, the Switch is still very portable in that sense. The Switch is bigger than a 3DS but is still smaller than a laptop so I don't know where your "not that portable" argument comes from.
    what would be interesting comparing a nintendo switch with a 3ds xl with official circle pro controller addon

it's also great that nintendo has implemented a proper 2nd analog stick in their portable device as standard
    rickyross likes this.

Yes agree, all comes down to personal preference!

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic:
    i am not the only one who states the ergonomics on the 3ds xl is bad ( probably the regular 3ds is not too bad, but i don't like the 3.5" screen as i have to squint)
    You really should check out the New3DS models, very different and the 3D is way improved and doesn't lose it's effect if you move your head.

i personally play on my ps vita 2000 around 5 to 1 times than 3ds xl, especially as the battery life almost last twice as long ( 4 days vs 2 days commuting)
    Again, New3DS, mine has similar battery life to my Vita

also, i presume you will be getting a Famicom Mini or NES Mini soon or are you not interested in this
    Haha no, I have the original games anyway. But it will make a great Xmas presents for friends/family that's for sure.

it's just personal preference, i didn't like Ocarina on the n64 or any 3d zelda ( but a breath of fresh air seems interesting)
    I think you mean Breath of the Wild.
    imparanoic likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatts:

You really should check out the New3DS models, very different and the 3D is way improved and doesn't lose it's effect if you move your head.

Haha no, I have the original games anyway. But it will make a great Xmas presents for friends/family that's for sure.
    I have tried auto parallax barrier on the new 3ds, still don't like it, i mean, a mobile phone with ps1 emulation on a google cardboard has more convincing 3d, presumably nintendo realise that lenticular style display is not favored by many gamers.

presumably, you have recca and gimmick! on your famicom then

presumably, you have recca and gimmick! on your famicom then
    These two are not included in the famicom mini.

These two are not included in the famicom mini.
    but it would good if it did, anyway, famicom mini is too limited for me anyway, better with a ps vita tv and henkaku mod to play these famicom games

so which gaming item will you get first, Playstation VR or Nintendo Switch?

so which gaming item will you get first, Playstation VR or Nintendo Switch?
    Switch of course, day one.

I think PVR while interesting is still too much in its infancy, both in hardware and software, and very cumbersome to install at home with different units and cables. Interesting how it will evolve in the coming years though.
    imparanoic likes this.

For what it's worth, I can see myself getting a Switch - though not necessarily on day one, even assuming it's released here at that point...

Seems like it could hit a nice compromise between mobile/casual gaming and console/TV stuff.