Like Tree15Likes

Nintendo Switch - Coming March 2017

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5

Quote Originally Posted by rickyross:
    You've contradicted yourself - you say the Switch isn't that portable but according to you Nintendo loves to create new products at their "own detriment". Are you arguing for or against the Switch?

The problem is you're comparing the Switch to the 3DS, but if Nintendo were going for portability, it's pretty damn obvious they'd release another DS instead of the Switch.

The Switch is about offering a unified gaming experience for players who want the depth of a console experience anywhere they'd like without carrying the console, so yes, the Switch is still very portable in that sense. The Switch is bigger than a 3DS but is still smaller than a laptop so I don't know where your "not that portable" argument comes from.
    Recall that I was speaking with imparanoic. I know that he will grasp what I'm referring to. If you were the person I was specifically speaking to, I will say it with more clarity.

To answer you - I never argued either for or against switch.
    Reminds me of HS English teachers. They want an expository essay and I end up not drawing any conclusions while not caring how they will grade it.
    Last edited by Creative83; 28-10-2016 at 07:06 AM.

I find Playstation VR nauseating. It does trick your brain when going through a roller coaster. 15 minutes in, I needed to stop. The slight dizziness lasted for an hour before I was able to recover - note that I do have problems with any flat screen FPS games - so I may feel the motion sickness more severe than others.

Wonder how many percentage of people have the same issue with virtual reality. The guy who invited me to play his VR mentioned motion sickness even before I felt it. So it's statistically 2/2 people as far as I'm aware.

I don't see myself owning VR console anytime in the future. Augmented reality sure, but not VR.

Last edited by Creative83; 28-10-2016 at 07:51 AM.
    imparanoic likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Creative83:
    I find Playstation VR nauseating. It does trick your brain when going through a roller coaster. 15 minutes in, I needed to stop. The slight dizziness lasted for an hour before I was able to recover - note that I do have problems with any flat screen FPS games - so I may feel the motion sickness more severe than others.

Wonder how many percentage of people have the same issue with virtual reality. The guy who invited me to play his VR mentioned motion sickness even before I felt it. So it's statistically 2/2 people as far as I'm aware.

I don't see myself owning VR console anytime in the future. Augmented reality sure, but not VR.
    Wait until you play Resident Evil 7, some people may cream their pants/knickers as it's scary like hell due to interactivity with the game as oppose to a scary film
    Creative83 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic:
    Wait until you play Resident Evil 7, some people may cream their pants/knickers as it's scary like hell due to interactivity with the game as oppose to a scary film
    Should have tried it when I had the chance. RE7 never came to mind as a VR game - I can imagine though given flat screen styled RE7 was fairly spooky already.

Quote Originally Posted by Creative83:
    Recall that I was speaking with imparanoic. I know that he will grasp what I'm referring to. If you were the person I was specifically speaking to, I will say it with more clarity.

To answer you - I never argued either for or against switch.
    Reminds me of HS English teachers. They want an expository essay and I end up not drawing any conclusions while not caring how they will grade it.
    1. Take a look at your own post. You specifically quoted me and replied. Also, I was unaware of private conversations happening in this thread, being that this is a forum and not a private message, but nice cop out.

2. "I wasn't talking to you" is perhaps the most immature and pathetic response on a forum, ever.

3. Your silly little anecdote adds no value to the discussion whatsoever. Stay on topic.

Quote Originally Posted by rickyross:
    1. Take a look at your own post. You specifically quoted me and replied. Also, I was unaware of private conversations happening in this thread, being that this is a forum and not a private message, but nice cop out.

2. "I wasn't talking to you" is perhaps the most immature and pathetic response on a forum, ever.

3. Your silly little anecdote adds no value to the discussion whatsoever. Stay on topic.
    If you really want me to lay it out for you - i can - but one time only.

When discussing about Nintendo's detriment, I was referring to 3DS' screen. I know it seemed like I was referring to switch, but I'm referring ONLY to the 3DS' screen. You'd understand it only when you have a frame of reference from PSP/Vita. And yes, I didn't need to mention PSP & Vita but I was magically comparing it with 3DS because I didn't need to lay it out.
    When I was discussing about Nintendo's innovation, I was discussing Gameboy / Wii remote / 3DS. I was not talking about switch.

Contrary to what you think, I want Nintendo to do well. By making it as a mobile phone, I regard it as a breakthrough - but whether they intend to ever execute it will be up to them to decide the pros and cons.

You think I'm referring everything to swtich or this idea of a mobile phone.

Also, it might come as a surprise to you but I might get switch too - but most likely 2-3 years after it comes out.

I never took a stand on whether switch will be successful or not.

As far as my anecdote goes, some people are wired very differently.
    Last edited by Creative83; 28-10-2016 at 08:24 PM.

Do we need to preorder this in HK, it seems it's sold out in Japan?

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5