Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By JaredHK
  • 1 Post By JaredHK

Modern Warfare Remastered - Heads Up

Closed Thread

Modern Warfare Remastered - Heads Up

I picked up the US Version of the new COD game (Xbox1). The game is not on disc and starts downloading (46GB) once the disc is popped in.

Once the download completed and I loaded up the game...I noticed that it is all in Chinese with no option to switch the language. I am using a US XBL account with all my settings set to the US.

I have contacted Activision and was informed that since HK is China, they only offer the Chinese versions of their games in HK from this point on. Just got a few messages from buddies in the Philippines who are having the same problem...They contacted Activision and were told that since they are a non xbox region, they would have to make do with the Chinese language version of the game.

Please take note of this before you purchase this game as the packaging is the same as the US version. I am not sure if PS owners are facing the same issue.

J

shri and kimwy66 like this.

Thanks for the heads up, that really sucks. What oversight from Activision.

I didn't get the game in the end, and went for Battlefield 1 instead.

Have you tried switching your region to the US or UK and downloading it again?

Well that's the support tech guy's response. You'd need to make a bit of noise (social media maybe) so someone with actual capacity to do something can hear it.

This is only with the disc version and the response from Activision was that Chinese is the language spoken in HK, China and Singapore.

I returned it to the retailer and picked up the MS store download which is in English.

jrkob likes this.

Man! And I gave away my PS4.

Apparently the son has bought the US version as a part of some package deal from Target.

Lets see if that switches to Chinese when he installs via a HK IP.