Cheap-ish region-free BD/DVD player

Closed Thread

Cheap-ish region-free BD/DVD player

Got a PS3 sitting here, which has been pretty much a dedicated DVD/BD player for a couple of years, but it's probably overkill, the controller isn't a great remote, and we've had trouble a couple of times playing imported/Chinese discs - I'd imagine you can get a decent plays-everything player for not very much nowadays, but I completely stopped paying any sort of attention years ago...

So, any advice? What to get, where to get it, what to pay? I probably don't want the cheapest of the cheap, but I'd hope you can get something reasonable for, let's say, well under $1000?

I have a few DVD players of decent quality stashed away somewhere, including one which records DVDs. All region free. However no BD player.

If you are interested, let me know. You know how to reach me.

Quote Originally Posted by vmlinuz:
    Got a PS3 sitting here, which has been pretty much a dedicated DVD/BD player for a couple of years, but it's probably overkill, the controller isn't a great remote, and we've had trouble a couple of times playing imported/Chinese discs - I'd imagine you can get a decent plays-everything player for not very much nowadays, but I completely stopped paying any sort of attention years ago...

So, any advice? What to get, where to get it, what to pay? I probably don't want the cheapest of the cheap, but I'd hope you can get something reasonable for, let's say, well under $1000?
    region free bluray are quote hard to find, on the other region free dvd player are common

it's noted that if you are playing pirate bluray, chances there may play better on the a dedicated bluray player, they are may ruin your dedicated bluray as well in the long run as well, try find a really cheap chinese player, but not mainland bluray player may be region c and can't play hk or uk bluray, but if it's official hk product from a mainland company it will be region a ( same as japan, us, but not UK)

Giec BDP-G3610價格、規格及用家意見 - 香港格價網 Price.com.hk

region free bluray, china brand, also dvd all region

(藍光全區碼) means bluray no region coding

You might get a DVD easily but you might need to keep digging for a BD player. Well, good luck with your PS3 and years of "stopped paying any sort of attention". If you loved your device, they will love you back. Someway, they are the best friends.