Like Tree10Likes

What video games are you looking forward to playing?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

What video games are you looking forward to playing?

I'll be purchasing 2 games in the next 6 months.

Final Fantasy XV in a few days - hope this game doesn't become a chore with the new battle system.

Star Control Origin - Star Control 2 was my favorite game (alongside SD Gundam Gashapon) back in the 1990's. Most people don't know this series as it was competing with I think Tie Fighter back in the days. Might end up coming out a year from now rather than 6 months.

Last edited by Creative83; 26-11-2016 at 10:54 PM.

I've played the Stick of Truth and thought it was hilarious. So I will be buying this too. https://youtu.be/fiayfb1rrs0

Just bought Battlefield 1, 40% off Black Friday sale.

Been playing single player and looking forward to trying online

Quote Originally Posted by jwyl:
    Just bought Battlefield 1, 40% off Black Friday sale.
    I didn't get PS4 until slim came out knowing most games aren't worth the time waiting for. What I 'just' realized is I should get the games a month or two after launch. They made new games so worthless it gets a huge discount practically a month after launch.
    jwyl likes this.

I miss the old games. New games are getting so much online based. And the story behind the games are getting weaker and stupid. New Assassin's Creed games are nothing compared to the older versions. Those games got a language of their own. They really took me back to that time.

Does Super Mario Run count? In fact it's directly competing with Geoexpat for times stuck in public transport! Out on Dec 15.

https://youtu.be/E39ychZKnDI

rani likes this.

The last guardian looks like a masterpiece like it's predecessor ico and shadow of collossus

I also can't wait for Bloodstained ritual of the night as spiritual successor to castlevania series

Altın kılıç her kapıyı açar. Money opens all doors except those to heaven.

Anyone here playing Star Citizen?

Quote Originally Posted by Jishan:
    I miss the old games. New games are getting so much online based. And the story behind the games are getting weaker and stupid. New Assassin's Creed games are nothing compared to the older versions. Those games got a language of their own. They really took me back to that time.
    You must be younger than I am. Whenever I think of old games, I'd automatically imagine NES/SNES/~1995 PC games. My problem about games nowadays is how developers use the same game engine to make games. Meaning very little variations between games. I recall watching those top 25 review and 15 of the 25 are FPS.

To be fair it was platformers that used to dominate the consoles - but you will see a lot of variations cause everyone was experimenting at the time with no underlying presumption about how game "should be like".

Quote Originally Posted by 100LL:
    Does Super Mario Run count? In fact it's directly competing with Geoexpat for times stuck in public transport! Out on Dec 15.
    Sure, mobile game are games.

I don't know whether you'll call it smart or dumb - but I defeat the purpose of playing mobile games sometimes. When it requires experience gaining, I'd install android on PC and make a bot to gain experience. Essentially, I 'save time' by not playing the game... but I'm actually not playing the game! Always very high rank though!

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic:
    The last guardian looks like a masterpiece like it's predecessor ico and shadow of collossus

I also can't wait for Bloodstained ritual of the night as spiritual successor to castlevania series
    Bloodstained ritual is officially on my to play list now! Symphony of the night was one of my fav game. The awesome music contributed a lot to it. The subsequent 3D Castlevania games just aren't the same. Again, it's that whole FPS component that made it not appealing. I need to time travel back and assassinate the guy who made wolfenstein to fix this.
    Last edited by Creative83; 28-11-2016 at 01:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Creative83:
    You must be younger than I am. Whenever I think of old games, I'd automatically imagine NES/SNES/~1995 PC games. My problem about games nowadays is how developers use the same game engine to make games. Meaning very little variations between games. I recall watching those top 25 review and 15 of the 25 are FPS.

To be fair it was platformers that used to dominate the consoles - but you will see a lot of variations cause everyone was experimenting at the time with no underlying presumption about how game "should be like".

Sure, mobile game are games.

I don't know whether you'll call it smart or dumb - but I defeat the purpose of playing mobile games sometimes. When it requires experience gaining, I'd install android on PC and make a bot to gain experience. Essentially, I 'save time' by not playing the game... but I'm actually not playing the game! Always very high rank though!

Bloodstained ritual is officially on my to play list now! Symphony of the night was one of my fav game. The awesome music contributed a lot to it. The subsequent 3D Castlevania games just aren't the same. Again, it's that whole FPS component that made it not appealing. I need to time travel back and assassinate the guy who made wolfenstein to fix this.
    I think you have focused on western perspective on games too much, which generally concentrate on crowd pleasers- first person shooter

I presumably/maybe have miss out on very innovative yet not so generic games for this generation or last, example , Catherine, Tokyo jungle, journey, dragon quest builders, kokuga, gravity rush, Fez, lumines symphony etc

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast