Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By imparanoic
  • 1 Post By si0001

Netflix HK - Available Offline

Closed Thread

Netflix HK - Available Offline

Did you know that Netflix from last week ( you need to update your app) allow to download video on the app (from home WiFi) and play back while offline or without using mobile data.

dumbdonkey likes this.

Son was mentioning that the video quality is significantly downgraded for offline viewing - ok for small devices I guess, but not tablet sized displays.

Original Post Deleted
    It might be perfect FOR the children. I travel more on the low cost carriers like HK express these days that dont have entertainment systems. To be able to easily download a kids movie or two to the ipad before a flight seems like a very nice feature.

But I just checked my netflix app on iphone and I can't see any option for this. Is it available now?

Just got the update now . Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by bdw:
    It might be perfect FOR the children. I travel more on the low cost carriers like HK express these days that dont have entertainment systems. To be able to easily download a kids movie or two to the ipad before a flight seems like a very nice feature.

But I just checked my netflix app on iphone and I can't see any option for this. Is it available now?
    you need to update your netflix app for this feature

i have previous used youtube recorder for my android tablet and save as mp4 so i can play on the table, phone, usb slot on tv, etc

Original Post Deleted
    Long or short haul. Anything that keeps the kids busy on the flight without drugging them is a good thing

Original Post Deleted
    - that probably explains why the son was complaining.

Apparently you can only download a single file to one device per account so if you want to download the same file to a different account you have to delete the first one off.

JaredHK likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by si0001:
    Apparently you can only download a single file to one device per account so if you want to download the same file to a different account you have to delete the first one off.
    Too many restrictions.. Will stick to Amazon Video.

Loving this feature, I am watching on my S7edge on MTR, watching more documentaries and stand ups. My Kindle paperwhite is collecting dust............