Like Tree11Likes

Help: US TV not working with NowTv box

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

I wonder if it is a technical fault with the Now TV box.

Using the HDMI lead should be straightforward - all the issues on PAL/NTSC, 60Hz/50HZ, wrong sort of tuner all disappear. We had no problems with the HDMI connection from Now TV to our imported 110v TV.

The only issue was the utter shiteness of Now TV, from the programming to the picture quality to those idiotic numbers flashed up every few minutes.

bdw

Quote Originally Posted by Walter White
    It's not as bad as most people say over here. The picture quality is way better than those streaming boxes.
    I left NowTV a couple of years ago because the picture quality was shit on most channels. They only had about 5-10 HD channels and the rest was a crappy 4:3 picture stretched on a 16:9 screen. Now I notice they have 66 HD channels so they have picked up their game, but still I have a lot more HD channels on my $700 internet box that are better quality than NowTV. My internet box has over 1000 channels, and yes even if more than half of them are shit quality or dont load or have buffering problems etc, that still leaves me with a good 300-400 good quality HD channels compared to only 66 with NowTV.

Although these days I don't watch much traditional linear TV channels period, apart from news and sport. Netflix is the way to watch these days (for those that want the legal and reliable way) or there are things like Exodus running on KODI for the pirates that like fiddling around.
    Skyhook likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by FZK
    Tried connecting through HDMI and yellow/red/white...both didn't work.Kept getting an error "Mode not supported, change the resolution". It's a new 70' samsung TV.
    Yes we do realize now that it was a bad idea bringing our stuff with us. Would have been better to sell it in the US and get new stuff here.
    Did you try changing the video resolution of your tv like changing 1080p to 1080i. It might be issue that box you used previously might be using "p" instead of "i".

Quote Originally Posted by shafiq
    Did you try changing the video resolution of your tv like changing 1080p to 1080i. It might be issue that box you used previously might be using "p" instead of "i".
    Any modern TV has auto mode sensing on HDMI. It will detect and show in whatever format it is passed, as long as the TV supports it. Even my 12 year old TV has this. I can't believe a working NOW TV box is throwing out a signal a modern TV can''t display.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3