Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By pin

Internet Radio Alarm - Intelligent Devices?

Closed Thread

Internet Radio Alarm - Intelligent Devices?

Does anyone know if the current set of devices like Google Home or Alexa (or any other Internet Radio / Android thingy) allow you to setup an alarm which then connects to a internet radio service?

Have seen some posts on various forums indicating this can be done... but the results seem a bit iffy or outdated.

A bit tired of waking up to some random HK station on our clock radio and figured that this would be the next gadget upgrade.

I'd like to be able to set the device up to play one of several US stations which we currently get on our phone and stream to the car radio to turn on at a given time.

Major plus if I can buy this in HK.

With Amazon Echo, seems like you need to stream via bluetooth. Not something I'm keen on.

https://www.cnet.com/how-to/amazon-e...ng-on-spotify/

Why not get a James Brown Auto alarm?

Thats so last century.

DeletedUser - Don't want to use an app really .. something like an Internet Radio. A stand alone device to replace the 20 year old alarm clock.

My phone is usually turned off... or in another room.. or have forgotten it in the office.

Might even be acceptable if the device worked with a Spotify playlist without the need for a phone

Going to look around and see if either Google home or echo have anything close to this, before going the Amazon route. Thanks for that link.

Original Post Deleted
    Found out this is an HK company. They offer local HK shipping:

Ocean Digital - Digital Radio | DAB Radio | Internet Radio
    East_coast and shri like this.

Ended up buying the WR-233 for HKD588. Ordered on Sunday evening, arrived on Monday afternoon.

Ocean Digital - Digital Radio | DAB Radio | Internet Radio

Took about 5 minutes to set up and back to getting internet radio.

No where as near as good sound quality as my squeezebox boom and a bit tinny. But for an independent unit no relying on a phone app with its own remote control, I couldn't really ask for more.