Like Tree22Likes

HK Expat TV RIP?

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Is the "freeview " on Kodi a watch the channel live kind of thing or a catch up/on demand option? There are live real time UK channels I've found via the Kodi but the HK Expat TV offered everything as a list (like the BBC iplayer service if you are in the UK) and you could watch what you wanted any time. Live is useless to me because of the time difference, I want to watch eg Dr Who during my HK evening, not stay up to the small hours on a Saturday night/Sunday morning. That's probably why they had a lot of people subscribing and I'm gutted they have gone..

Another nail in the coffin, Extratorrent just closed down voluntarily. So I heard, not that I ever used them.....

Quote Originally Posted by anorak:
    Is the "freeview " on Kodi a watch the channel live kind of thing or a catch up/on demand option? There are live real time UK channels I've found via the Kodi but the HK Expat TV offered everything as a list (like the BBC iplayer service if you are in the UK) and you could watch what you wanted any time. Live is useless to me because of the time difference, I want to watch eg Dr Who during my HK evening, not stay up to the small hours on a Saturday night/Sunday morning. That's probably why they had a lot of people subscribing and I'm gutted they have gone..
    The freeview on kodi is a live kind of thing. If you want a catch up service to watch what you want when you want it, this is even easier. Just install the BBC iplayer, ITV hub etc from the official BBC, ITV sites. Even Samsung, Sony, TV's etc have these kind of apps and you can watch in HK with just your TV and remote and dont need a box at all.

Thanks for the information - I have spent days trying to find out what happened to HK Expat TV. I guess it's gone, but hope something will take its place. At least I didn't spend money on the box!

I found the same and I cannot contact them.

I can only get the message 'This video isn't available right now' on ITV hub. Any advice?

Does anyone know if you can buy a Mag box in hong kong? Been to Sham Shui po but not luck. Apparently with a Mag box you can get services like HK expat tv. Don't bother with kodi unless your brilliant with technology!!
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett_84:
    Does anyone know if you can buy a Mag box in hong kong? Been to Sham Shui po but not luck. Apparently with a Mag box you can get services like HK expat tv. Don't bother with kodi unless your brilliant with technology!!
    Thanks.
    How can you still get HKEXPAT when the servers that hoisted it has been seized ??

Piraya had asked the DSI to investigate the Thailand-based website 365sport.tv for illegally providing an IPTV service by which Premier League matches could be streamed and viewed live.

Suriya said the website was suspected of hosting five others – Thaiexpat.tv, Hkexpat.tv, Inoexpat.tv, Vietexpat.tv and Euroexpat.tv.

He said the suspects have been charged with violating the Computer Crime Act and Intellectual Property Rights Act and causing in excess of Bt100 million worth of damages to FAPL, which owns the Premier League broadcast rights in Thailand.

The guys caught in Thailand are the expat tv guys. It is a done deal.

services LIKE Hk expat Tv.....