Apple TV

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

There is quite a leap from the 3rd to 4th. Biggest was the fact there is an app store on the 4th where as the 3rd you just got some for the region you are in. The apple TV will know you are in Hong Kong inless you change the dna settings. If you sign in with your UK itunes then you will get UK stuff but NO bbc iplayer.
    Get used to the 3rd grn but you will notice a huge difference with the 4th, especially if you like watching live TV.

Quote Originally Posted by muzzdang:
    My 3rd Gen Apple TV has netflix app pre installed and I can watch it no problem. It is tied to my Hong Kong Netflix account though, so no the US version.
    Still cool - thanks for the info!

Also another example of difference between 3rd & 4th. In the lounge we have 4th generation and it is used all the time to watch what ever live tv shows or catchup, in our bedroom we have a 3rd generation and its hardly ever used and rely on the nowtv box.

How's the mi Tv box in comparison? Anyone tried?

Quote Originally Posted by ajohnso2:
    How's the mi Tv box in comparison? Anyone tried?
    It is great, I have had one for a few months (but only the international version).

Mi Box - Android 6.0 TV Box - Mi Global Home

Apple tv

I have a 2nd gen. apple tv box. I used it in HK with a us itunes account. Pretty good content. Netflix is available from the box assuming you have a netflix account. I am in Taiwan now and it works the same, well better because the Internet is faster. I was in a village house in HK with no decent Internet available. Of course many modern TV's support Netflix natively.

Quote Originally Posted by spode:
    I watch some TV Shows from the US iTunes Store, because I have an account with the US store. But officially not sanctioned, and no TV show rentals on the HK iTunes Store.

My understanding is that Netflix is available on the AppleTV in HK, but only on the 4th Generation model which can allow the installation of apps - your 3rd generation is much more limited and does not have that ability.

https://www.apple.com/hk/en/apple-tv/

Live tv

Hi

Saw your post on you having sling tv and Hulu for Apple TV

I got the device this year but have no US content and subscriptions.

Will you you be willing to share your account credentials in private message pls?

will be eternally grateful

thanks

@john.doe1985 - tried this method? (not sure if it works as of now.. but had done something like this - using US issued iTunes gift cards and US netflix gift certs)

https://www.cultofmac.com/43040/get-...-world-how-to/