Apple TV

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Apple TV

I just ordered a (3rd gen) Apple TV. So we could watch TV on it. Perhaps in the wrong order, but then I went to the store to find some episodes, and cannot find a single episode of anything. The apple help suggested that was because I was in HK and there are none in the HK store.....

So - how do you watch TV on an Apple TV in HK? They sell them here, so there must be something you can do with them!

What type of TV are you wanting to watch in HK?

Very limited apps for live TV on the ATV in HK at the moment.

Netflix?

Netflix has some great content for series....and ever-expanding

Can I watch netflix via Apple Tv? It has not arrived yet so I don't quite know what it can do.....

I was trying to find a convenient alternative to torrents to be honest.

I believe you need to use a vpn and open a USA iTunes account in order to get US shows.

I watch some TV Shows from the US iTunes Store, because I have an account with the US store. But officially not sanctioned, and no TV show rentals on the HK iTunes Store.

My understanding is that Netflix is available on the AppleTV in HK, but only on the 4th Generation model which can allow the installation of apps - your 3rd generation is much more limited and does not have that ability.

https://www.apple.com/hk/en/apple-tv/

Quote Originally Posted by spode:
    I watch some TV Shows from the US iTunes Store, because I have an account with the US store. But officially not sanctioned, and no TV show rentals on the HK iTunes Store.

My understanding is that Netflix is available on the AppleTV in HK, but only on the 4th Generation model which can allow the installation of apps - your 3rd generation is much more limited and does not have that ability.

https://www.apple.com/hk/en/apple-tv/
    My 3rd Gen Apple TV has netflix app pre installed and I can watch it no problem. It is tied to my Hong Kong Netflix account though, so no the US version.

I have netflix on my old Apple TV, works fine. HK netlfix that is...

You should have got the 4th gen atv but anyway you can get hulu and netflix and sky news. Setting up a US itunes account is simple and I can explain this to you next time we meet.
    I have the 4th generation ATV as I can get Sling TV (basically Cable TV) for all my sports and entertainment live channels, hulu, netflix, Plex and BBC iplayer. Basically my nowtv box is redundant. Also better you have it hard wired to your router and not over wifi. I get much better trouble free streaming that way.

Well this box is coming from the UK. Perhaps it will have UK netflix on it . Or think its in the UK or something! I read a review that said if you didnt play games (i don't) then the 3d gen was just as good and a fraction of the price. It was certainly a fraction of the price! and the apple store in HK had a 3 week wait.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast