Like Tree28Likes

IPTV Boxes - 2018 Reviews

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Quote Original Post:
    So UBOX is dead in HK but works abroad? Any workaround to get it running in HK?
    How do you mean, mine works great in HK. Have not heard of any outages with other people as well.

Really? Mine can't connect to anything at all.

Perhaps I should try re-setting it

Quote Original Post:
    Perhaps I should try re-setting it
    had no problems yesterday all day and none today either.

Quote Original Post:
    This could be just a simple case of incorrect date and time setting, which will render the UBOX inoperable to its stream servers if the box loses its date and time memory. Mine does it every once in a while, which is easy to remedy by going to the settings cog on the left hand corner of your GUI screen, then scrolling down to Date and Time and correcting the details.

an easy way to spot if your box is out of date/time sync, is if the moving banner message isn’t scrolling along the top of the GUI screen just after you have switched the box on. If there is no scrolling tickatape banner, then likely your date/time is wrong.

hope that helps
    mrdollars likes this.

Quote Original Post:
    Have you updated the apps? Been using mine constantly in hk and watched the Liverpool game last night no issues at all.
    mrdollars likes this.

Looking to replace my old Ubox gen3 and just been to Ap Liu Street ssp and they are selling an iptv box called the Famibox now... More or less same channels as Ubox but is compatible with Netflix, which can't be installed onto a Ubox. Famibox had Astro Sports and more USA channels and the speed seemed to be ok, but when they demo it they know what to show to make it seem better than it is!

Has anyone got this Famibox? Still undecided what to buy yet, will probably just get the latest Ubox Pro S... The company has been around for years and more or less a permanently stable service and I have got my moneys worth from it.

Skyhook likes this.

Quote Original Post:
    Looking to replace my old Ubox gen3 and just been to Ap Liu Street ssp and they are selling an iptv box called the Famibox now... More or less same channels as Ubox but is compatible with Netflix, which can't be installed onto a Ubox. Famibox had Astro Sports and more USA channels and the speed seemed to be ok, but when they demo it they know what to show to make it seem better than it is!

Has anyone got this Famibox? Still undecided what to buy yet, will probably just get the latest Ubox Pro S... The company has been around for years and more or less a permanently stable service and I have got my moneys worth from it.
    Out of curiosity: what would be the reason and/or benefit of replacing an older generation Ubox for a newer one? Isn't the basic functionality the same?

Quote Original Post:
    Out of curiosity: what would be the reason and/or benefit of replacing an older generation Ubox for a newer one? Isn't the basic functionality the same?
    No different in terms of channels just the faster processor and interface is slightly different. I'm buying another one more as an additional one rather than a replacement one so don't need to fight with the wife when the football is on! Must have been using it for over 3 years now so definitely got the moneys worth.

Quote Original Post:
    No different in terms of channels just the faster processor and interface is slightly different. I'm buying another one more as an additional one rather than a replacement one so don't need to fight with the wife when the football is on! Must have been using it for over 3 years now so definitely got the moneys worth.
    Not having to fight over what channel to watch is certainly worth a second device.
    Ubox's TV streaming services seem pretty consistent over the years.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast