Like Tree19Likes

IPTV Boxes - 2018 Reviews

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    bdw

Quote Originally Posted by Apprehensive
    Thank you for your very detailed explanation. So just to be clear, I will still need a DNS subscription either way (i.e. either if I just stick to watching on my laptop or getting a ubox) if I wanna access Aussie TV. Correct?

As for AFL, would any special app be needed to watch it on a laptop (with a DNS subscription & a Telstra AFL pass)? I believe the Telstra's AFL pass only allow you to watch the live games on mobile devices but not on PCs.(Not a footy fan myself but got a mate back home who is. He travels a lot for work and would get upset about missing the games.) Alternatively, would DNS work on a smartphone?
    Correct you will definitely need a smartdns subscription to watch Aussie TV either way. I pay AU$20 for 6 months for my dns4me subscription (they had a sale on black Friday I think it was).

For AFL, you can watch on the official "AFL live" app on android/iphone. If you apply the smartdns settings to your home router, then your entire home is under the influence of the smartdns. So connect your phone or ipad to your home wifi then you can watch AFL. But step outside of your home and you get a message "Sorry this video can only be viewed in Australia" or it just simply doesnt work at all.

For windows, maybe you can go to the AFL or telstra website and just watch there. I never really tried. Or there is a version of Kodi for windows. So you can install Kodi as well as the AU FREEVIEW, AFL VIDEO plugins and then watch AFL this way on your laptop.

Actually Telstra only have the rights to stream on devices 7 inches or smaller. So if you use the official app or website and try to watch the football on your ipad or laptop you will get annoying black bars around all 4 sides of the video. They do on purpose because they are not allowed to broadcast more than 7 inches. Stupid Australian media rules, total bullshit. So better use the Kodi app even on laptop as Kodi bypasses these stupid rules.

Quote Originally Posted by bdw
    Correct you will definitely need a smartdns subscription to watch Aussie TV either way. I pay AU$20 for 6 months for my dns4me subscription (they had a sale on black Friday I think it was)...
    Thanks. I'll definitely sign up for one myself.

This week I was informed that there is a secret combination of buttons to press whilst in the App Market of a UBOX. It will bring up some tests apps and another app store. Within this app store, there are loads of Chinese streaming apps that require login details (I guess there's a signing up process), and a few cracked Chinese channel/movie apps. I'm guessing this is a secret hideaway from prying eyes in case the UBOX gets investigated. Not much English content, mostly Chinese.

For the more established members here, PM me, and I'll send you the instructions.

Can't seem to hardly get any tv channels working on UBOX since this morning, same for others here as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Gatts
    Can't seem to hardly get any tv channels working on UBOX since this morning, same for others here as well?
    Just plugged in my UBOX here in Malaysia, get no channels at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Cwbguy
    Just turned on my UBOX in HK and still working fine. Hows the internet speed there??

Very strange, have had two days of "Please Wait", and now it works fine, Piers Morgan filling my sitting room!.

As mentioned, I've also had some issues the past week where I can't watch any channel at times. This is with great internet speed, in HK.

Quote Originally Posted by Cwbguy
    Over here in Malaysia it works as usual.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast